Thread: Excel help

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Default Excel help

Ok, here's something I have never seen before in Excel. On the computer at work Excel spreadsheets show up on the desktop but when you double click the file Excel open but the file doesn't show up. Then you still have to go file, open find the file and then you can view it. Is there a setting in XP or in Excel that anyone knows of to set a 'quick open' option that could of be disabled by mistake at some point?

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

^ Soon to be one. Computer-Geek's Avatar

Default Re: Excel help

I know this may sound dumb but do the files have the excel icon ? If not then go to one of the files and right click it. Go to properties then click OpensWith: and make sure that excel is selected & click apply. That might work i think but i'm not sure.
    - Computer-Geek

The file is opening minimized. It's basically hidden. The file association isn't the issue here, excel opens.

What version of office is this on? If you tell me, I can find the fix for it. I've dealt with this before.

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

I'm not sure about the version of Excel, I'll post it tonight after work.

Ok Excel is from Office 2003.
    Last edited by Bopher; 11-09-2007 at 04:37 AM. Reason: found the version woot

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."