Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: subaru backround

Default Re: subaru backround

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    My thoughts:

1. It is really choppy. I think you just rushed it. A really good and easy way to get nice renders is go around the entire thing with the eraser, using different sizes for different areas (if it is on a weird background). Then, you'll have a good guide for the rest of it.

2. I really think the hood should have stayed blue. Just MHO.

3. License plate looks awkward.

You seem to like the reflections a lot. In the next piece you do, don't use any. See what you can come up with without the use of reflections. And, the background is very bland.

Keep it up, and don't hesitate to post more.
    lol i didnt realize the licence plate till now. mustof been erase when i used the magic eraser. Dam u same colored pixels!

also guys, i love this feedback, keep it coming it helps me improve

Greco101

A WRX with Flintstones wheels haha.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

If you want some bitchin' tuts look for photoshopedup.com and digimods.co.uk, they've got good tutorials.

Also, I've got some chops of my own up on omega-kun.deviantart.com, if you've got questions go ahead and shoot me a pm or something.

I can't see the image, but that's only because I'm on my school network and they block photobucket and stuff. =/

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Days until WRC Rally Ireland: 2.
    Days until I meet some of the Subaru World Team: 1

You guys just wait for some great pics of cars goin sidewards from me and then you can photoshop until your hearts are content!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by calumc View Post
    Days until WRC Rally Ireland: 2.
    Days until I meet some of the Subaru World Team: 1

You guys just wait for some great pics of cars goin sidewards from me and then you can photoshop until your hearts are content!
    ;askdf;laksjdr

YES

PLEASE

Also: Noopy:

I just saw the image.

Make smoother selections. for wheels and whatnot. They're really choppy.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    ;askdf;laksjdr

YES

PLEASE

Also: Noopy:

I just saw the image.

Make smoother selections. for wheels and whatnot. They're really choppy.

yea i know. also guys if u had seen the original pic u woulda seen one of the technicalitys. theres mudflaps on the original, and i didnt like em

Greco101

Noopy,

typically, you can use the magic wand tool to get rid of large chunks, especially with non-photo pictures which is what that photo seems to be. Those types of pictures are also best for color editing like what you've done with the hood.

For the hood, I would have selected the hood with the magic wand then made another layer, (ctrl alt shift N) then filled it the blank selection with black then set that layer to "COLOR" or possibly another setting... sometimes you just gotta play around with them.

Also, you made part of the fender carbon fiber/fiberglass... I'm not sure the look you were going for. You also forgot to go back and erase the parts of the layer that covered the parts that shouldn't have been changed like the hood clips. do this also with the selection tool. -- click on the car layer -- select hood clips -- go to the color overlay layer -- press backspace.