Page 1 of 23 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Modders Challenge #4

Default Modders Challenge #4

TBCS Modder’s Challenge #4

As Master Chief you've crushed the Covenant Forces on Earth and in far away lands sending shudders down their squishy spines....the calluses on your thumbs reveal your valor. In online multiplayer combat, your mastery of the S2 AM Sniper Rifle and a few skillfully thrown plasma grenades have ended friendships with the footprint of scorched soil. You've pumped round after round with precision and unmistakable purpose into your enemies, as they fell one after the other. But as a seasoned warrior, you know all to well that there is always another battle over the horizon, and this horizon shall prove no more merciful. Unfortunately for you, the nemesis awaiting your battle-cry today is no mere grunt armed with a needle-gun, but a group of minds, the minds of some of the finest modders alive and they are armed with ideas. Your skill, your strategy, your goal, and your defiance to kneel before your rivals are what make you the Master Chief and the Master of your will. The question you are now facing Master Chief, is do you have what it takes to be THE Master......chief? And this is our question to you. Do you have what it takes to define your limits and reveal your competitive nature in an all out Halo-themed case mod design war? Time to stand your ground, confront your foes, leave them writhing in humiliation, trembling at the superiority of your Halo mod. The gloves are off, civility is but a distant memory, you stand wielding only your ingenuity with one clear goal, you must design (but not necessarily build) the greatest case mod these old forums have ever seen. So it is in this dawn of a new day for TBCS, that we challenge you to compete in the TBCS Modder's Challenge #4 Project: Halo3 PC. Aside from the beaming sense of satisfaction you'll feel while looking down from the hilltop at your decimated foes, there are also material rewards for your honour in service.

The Prizes

• $250 cash from Paul "Crimson Sky" Capello

• Danger Den 4101 Complete Water-Cooling Kit

• Halo3 for the Xbox 360

• Microsoft Coffee Mug (Large) Trend Coffee Mug (Small), Webroot Spysweeper, Provided by
    Acrodex

• PNY nVidia Quadro NVS285 128mb pcie x16 card

• Intel Water bottle, Beuatiful Intel thermal coffee cup, Giftcor Collection bottle opener, Intel blue net bag, Velocity Micro hat, Intel t-shirt, Velocity Micro ice scraper, and an AMD mouse pad. Provided by Velocity Micro.

The Rules
    1. Entries will be accepted by registered TBCS members only.
    2. Entries must be submitted by December 27, 2007 at 11:59 GMT
    3. Entries may be produced using any medium desired (B&W/color sketch, description, 2D/3D graphic illustration, animation, photographed model, mashed potato sculpture, etc…)
    4. Project may be a team effort, but prizes will be awarded only to submitting member.
    5. Members may not submit incomplete projects to staff for input during contest.
    6. Members may post designs in the forums if so desired.
    7. There are no limitations to cost of building materials or resources.
    8. Judging will be done by a chosen panel of TBCS staff.
    9. Challenge is open to TBCS members worldwide.
    10. Design must be a feasible, functioning PC.
    11. All components and materials must be commercially available.
    12. Design components may include elements from any or all versions from the Halo video game series.
    13. Multiple entries are allowed.

Scoring System
    -Overall aesthetic appeal [20]
    -Congruency with Halo theme [20]
    -Unique hardware arrangement [10]
    -creative implementation of water cooling kit [20]
    -Quality of presentation [20]
    -Incorporation of TBCS tribute [10]

For a grand total of 100 points

Submit your entries to jdbnsn@thebestcasescenario.com

So now you must ask yourself, do you have what it takes?

And now for a big thanks for all of our generous sponsors!

Last edited by jdbnsn; 11-18-2007 at 04:24 PM.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Default Re: Modders Challenge #4

i think im gonna go for it

good luck to all

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Yea.
    I like it.
    If I have enough time I will definitely give it a try.

Just have ago, you never know you could just win it all.

Good luck to all who enter, i/we look forward to your entries, there is always something outstanding.

Hmmm.....

*starts drawing up plans*
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

HOLY CRAP! You get all that and get to keep the PC?

Wow the prize givers are awsome
    CPU: Pentium IV 2.67 G
    Board: GIGA GA-8PE800PRO
    Memory: KINGSTON 256MB 266Mhz DDR x2
    Video Card: ASUS GF2 MX400 64MB
    HDD: SEAGATE 80GB BARRACUDA 7200.7
    Case: ENLIGHT P4 MIDI TOWER CASE
    Power Supply: *NEW* CORSAIR HX-520W!!
    Cooling: AIR
    Operating System: MS XP

Quote Originally Posted by cured View Post
    HOLY CRAP! You get all that and get to keep the PC?

Wow the prize givers are awsome
    Well, that's the beauty of the modders challenges. You don't actually have to do the build. Sketchup models, photoshop drawings, pencil and paper. That's all we ask. I will admit though, that I do hope we see at least one work log come out of this challenge. I have yet to see a Halo themed mod other than the airbrushed 360.

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

wow, at first i was like fck halo 3. then after reading the pirzes i literally said "woah woah woah woah.." XD

If i can actually get off my lazy ass and stop being a case model of someone with A.D.D ill definatly try to do something.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Wow, this is great! This Modders Challenge Theme and the prizes are awesome! I instantly had some ideas pop into my head when I saw that it was going to be a Halo3 Theme, and I don't even like Halo all that much! Just goes to show you how well Halo is marketed I guess. lol

But wow, talk about some very generous prizes! Are they all of the same prize or will they be handed out in a 1st, 2nd, 3rd place type deal?

Damn thats a lot of prizes though, thats like winning the lotto, but for modders!

I think I'm definitely going to have to at least try and draw something up. Maybe a few sketches or something, see if I have anything good rolling around up there in that dust attic of mine. Damn those prizes are great, I just can't get over it! lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.