Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Modders Challenge #4

Default Re: Modders Challenge #4

Sounds good to me, So the way i see it it looks like a Christmas tree?

Quote Originally Posted by FrooP View Post
    ...my sketch is cool but my english sucks.. so is there a need to describe like:

this one is a complete mdf, alu scratchbuilt with 54 LEDS attached there there and there, blablabla..im mean.. when i need to write a 3 pagers i need to finish my sketch and get on writing
    You should do your best to describe each and every aspect of your design, if we just see diagrams of things we can't understand full it will hurt your score. You will not however lose points for poor english or any language barrier problems. Describe everything you can and if we cannot understand your english, we can always ask you while judging to explain differently, but we won't ask for explainations that are not there.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Also for those of you without rendering skills. It is within the rules to submit multiple entries and work as teams as long as you are aware that only the top entry will be awarded the prizes. So you cuold get a friend to render your design for you and split the loot or whatever.

-Jon
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

Can we submit multiple pictures (cause i cant do 3d for the life of me) that may vary, but use the same text. ughhh that came out confusing.

-second attempt-
    Can we use several concept pictures that may differ in design without having to write up an entire new summary of whats going on?

Ps. i already have my idea but i desperately want to see other peoples so i can scale up my competition D:

i desperately want to see other peoples so i can scale up my competition D:
    i dont think some1 will show his design before the comp ends

-second attempt-
    Can we use several concept pictures that may differ in design without having to write up an entire new summary of whats going on?
    Each submission should be an entire design of one mod, not a series of variations of a concept. That being said, if you want to submit multiple entries varying only slightly, just copy the bulk of your written description and edit the parts that are different.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quick question, will we lose points if the model is not to exact scale but looks to scale? I'm pretty far into my sketchup and I just realized that I wasn't drawing to exact scale, but it does look to scale. Not the model itself, obviously, since if you were doing the Scorpion tank to exact scale it would be huge, improbable and unrealistic for a pc, but like the components and cd trays and all that stuff. Technically, if you go by my sketchup measurements, my cd tray is about a foot wide and the model itself is bigger than a human. /major brain fart

Btw, I will include what the exact measurements would be in my description. To give you a general idea of what the actual size would be. So is that okay? or would I get more points if I started all over?

Well then again, I just thought of something. For someone who is drawing on paper, they can only include measurements in their description, unless they draw on a big poster board, which then they wouldn't be able to scan it. So I'm okay right?
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Actually, I don't think you should worry about scale. We will be able to see what the rough scale will be based on certain components (e.g. if your mother board is 3px long on a 400px image, we'll guess it's pretty big). Size isn't important (at least in this competition ) but I would be sure that your proportions look accurate, you wouldn't want your hard drive to be twice the size of your PSU. Make sense?

-Jon

can we gain any extra points for making right measurements?
    *puppy eyes*
    another thing.. im doing a sketchup model, we shall send you this per email.. shall we send you the .skp only or some screenshots also?

Nope, there is no category for size compliance in the scoring system. But again, proportions are important. Yes, when you submit your entries you can send sketchup models and pics.