Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Crysis

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Crysis

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post

Dude, read my Crysis review. I don't trust any other source than my own experience because I've played "5 star games" that have sucked horridly. Try out the demo at least. I was hooked after playing it.
    Trust people, not critiques or reviewers.

What was that game at gamespot that received good review ratings from a few sites, yet the game was horrible. What did the reviewer do? He said it was horrible. Granted, the review was a little too harsh, but none the less, what happened for him being honest about the game? He was fired, after over 10 years of service to gamespot.

I've seen a few good movies that I really enjoyed, but later found out that they received poor reviews from critiques and reviewers. Yet, IMDB, which has a user based rating system, gives better ratings for those movies than the reviewers or critiques.

Crysis is awesome and its worth the money if you want an amazing game. How do I know this? I listen to real people who play the game just to play a game, not to review it.

^_^
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Hey, can I get a link to that review at XPlay or whatever it's called?

My review was pretty much how I felt at the time and still feel by the way, not me writing it for money. I'm willing to bet that some reviewers are payed to rate games a certain way, lol.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    I'm willing to bet that some reviewers are payed to rate games a certain way, lol.
    No way!

:p
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

I've played the demo. It was nifty, yes. It was purdy, yes. But it also got to be a little bit of a bore towards the end (and then there was a ship... on land).

Admittedly, the idea of the suit is cool but it means that you can do anything in any circumstance. Rather than having to actually fight enemies, you can just stealth. Rather than having actually traversable distances, you can sprint. Rather than actually planning your fights, you can just turn on armor and rush in.

It's interesting, yes, but not as much fun or not as cool as it's hype claimed. Kind of like BioShock. It's not bad, it's just shallow.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Well, it all depends on how you play. Of course I used stealth, but that was to sneak around while being shot at by helos and such. It's all in the way you choose to play. If you choose to run around everything and totally miss out on the combat, that's your problem, lol. Stealth doesn't last very long anyways. Everything gets about 50 times better after the demo, by the way.

X-Play is a TV show on G4. I got the review by downloading their Podcast of it. And since I did it through the Zune software, I have no idea where it would be elsewhere . But, I probably will end up buying Crysis at some point, just not immediately. I imagine it will be the same way Gears was for me; looked fun, never really played it, played it and loved it. I'm not sure if I'm going to buy a 360 or not, so I'm not buying to many games right now.
    RIP Bucko

It depends a lot on how you play i think, cruised through the demo on hard in under 10mins the first time, the second run through took me like 45 mins on delta killing every living thing, even hunting down each one of those boats in the bay.

I pretty much searched the island for all the baddies. Like mentioned above I also took out all the boats. I had to grab a boat and chase another one down to get them. The place is now a REAL island paradise! HEHE
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

THE ANGER!!!!

This game is amazing. Beautiful, fun, good plot so far (only on the second level), etc. Unfortunately, I cannot play it.

Sure, I have a dual core processor clocked at 3.4ghz. Sure, I have an 8800 video card. Unfortunately, I also have an Audigy 2 sound blaster.

My sound just cuts out randomly. I don't know why, but if someone here knows a solution I woud love to hear it.

update drivers, always a good start.