Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Alien Rebirth

Master Mod

Default Re: Water Alien Rebirth - From Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by agnat View Post
    Your attention to detail Pedro is fantastic. Thank you for showing us what you are doing and the great pics. Keep up the good work!

Agnat
    Your's friednship is what really matter here. I'll do everything i can to do my best.

Again, thank you Agnat !

Quote Originally Posted by sgtm View Post
    Excellent work as always Pedro. I always look forward to your updates. By the way, where did you find those HUGE LED's? They look like you could use them on your car.
    Hello sgtm,

I bought it at brasilian e-Bay affiliated called mercadolivre.com. They are 10mm Leds and really brights the way. Today, at night, i'll post some photos of one of this leds conected on a 12V power source with a 370ohms resistor, since the leds are 3.5~3.8V

Thank you for your visit !

Bring some photos of front panel painting first results (at daylight):

Upside down...

On case:

More water sands, i think it's enought now !

I'll try to fabricate this thing on plexi, if unsucessfull i'll use it directly and mount it onto the front panel left side:

Later i'll post some photos of 10mm leds on action and finish the sand job, now, i'm going to a law meeting... As atourney sure... :d

Thank you for your visit !

Pedro Torres.

Master Mod

Folks, look what i got with those huge leds, they're really show stunting lights !

Impressive, now i decide replace all 5mm leds for those 10mm. It is trully amazing, whatch this:

They have a very long range and a great ilumination capacity:

I beeing imagining this thing with some lens and other direcional gears. It pumps light everywhere, front, sides and back... I am impressed !

See you tomorrow fellows, a law meeting today take all my day and i couldn't work more on case, tomorrow i'll do that case paint ! I promiss that ! You have my word i'll paint the case !

Pedro Torres.

Master Mod

Quote Originally Posted by drumthumper View Post
    Damn! Those things are bright!!!

A true inspiration...now if only the weather would cooperate I'd start cracking on the mod I'm gonna do for my parents.

If I could give ya more rep, I would. You've sure earned it!
    Is the snow storm that you are talking about? Is cold there? Come to Brazil ! Here is summer and next week is carnaval on Rio, Recife, Olinda e Salvador ! Hot stuff !

Thank you for visiting me !

Quote Originally Posted by armadilloben View Post
    **** pedro those lights are really bright my 10mm blues and the 5mm piranhas are about the same brightness keep up the sick work my friend
    Hi Ben, It's really bright and range of light is really amazing...

Thank you !

Worked hard today on paint preparation and found some mistakes on preparation steps and had to do some extra sanding job... Let the case sanded, mounted and washed, so, tomorrow is just paint it all.

Got an exceptional news today, the small ET reservoir is done and tuersday it'll arrive here.

The pretty stuff from sponsor neptuno.com.br:

I am done for today, tomorrow i've a paint to do !

Hold on,

Pedro Torres.

Master Mod

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    I've liked your mod so much, that I featured you and your Brazilian neighbor on the front page. Great work Pedro!
    http://www.thebestcasescenario.com
    Thank you jdbnsn, you makes me really proud. TBCS is one of the place that keeps the most impressive cases i ever seen and to figure out on front page is a big honour to me.

Again,

Thank you very much !

Quote Originally Posted by sgtm View Post
    Excellent work Pedro. Congrats on the front page spot! +rep
    Thank you sgtm, it lets me very happy and proud !

I apreciate your constant support and coments you always lets here.

Nice to see you !

Yeah, we are getting some snow in Montana, but nothing like New York!

Winters here can be rough at times, but the last few have been tolerable.

Grade A work all the way, keep up the good work! +Rep!
    Dude, look the sun of those photos below and you'll see what you are missing here...

To makes thinks still more attractive is carnaval time in Brazil.

Thanks for your suport, as it is here, i hope the weather gets better on you beautiful country too...

And, as i promised, the paint job:

I'll need two half screws and the Dremel vise started to work, very nice:

See you soon with more news...

Pedro Torres

Master Mod

Excellent work my friend. I would have never thought of hanging the case with string--damn now I see even more fabrication work in my immediate future!

This thread delivers!

+rep
    It's nice with strings because you can put the case on the height you want to work and becomes very confortable the painting job.

Let me know when you start your case, i'll like to see it.

Thanks for visiting,

Pedro Torres.

Master Mod

I'm shooting for starting in mid March--getting all my supplies together right now.
    It is a good idea to do a scketh of your project and organize supplies to the job. Do not forget to buy tape of many kinds, you'll need it !

See you !

Well, i do not resist and did a small test with some light to see if the paint really works and, look at that thing:

I am really impressed, it pumps lights everywhere and it's just 2 CC and i'll use 4 UV CC...

See you soon with more nice updates,

Pedro Torres.

Master Mod

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    Great colors!
    I love colors, and i'll use a lot. On second chapter of this mod í'll do some changes on colores. I just have to mount it on friday to a contest subscription, but, i'll do a larger finishing job on it.

But, you're right. The colors are stunt yeah !

Thank You jdbnsn !

Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    I look from my desolate wasteland in Wisconsin (where the temps are still near zero F) to your lush jungle backdrop, and i think. How big are the mosquitoes? They die every year up here, but Manny, Manny. they could probably eat a cat down by you.

This mod is frickin' ridiculous!
    i wan't to but i cant even give you +rep anymore.
    Just consider it a Preemptive +rep
    They are not bigger than me and my skin is covered by paint, plexi, and other chemical they do not like... :p

Thank you for your support, you're wellcome always..

Maz, I feel your pain. -6 F here right now, and the wind is blowing something fierce (which isn't anything new). Dunno about your neck of the woods, but we're supposed to be around 40 above by the weekend.

And I also agree with you 100% on this mod. Very inspiring!
    Thanks again drumthumper, i hope the weather gets better, until there, stay in home and drink some hot chocolate.

Peace, see you...

Folks,

Try watching this case tomorrow, i'll post the bigger update before the first chapter ends friday. Yeah, that's right, will be a second chapter on this. I already order a lot of news to do other larger update on this case. I really want to do the best case i can to participate on 2007 CM WW contest at the end of the year.

The second part starts 18.02.2007 and consists on repaint the case, add some news and do a professional job on font, includind removing this temporary paint and, also, doing a lot of finishings works.

Tomorrow i'll post the biggest update since the beggining of this project, before the D day.

First the photos...

Master Mod

1. The case will be mounted friday.

2. This will be the end of first chapter, because, i've decided to do another part giving this case a professional look and finishing job.

3. I won a really nice sponsor reservoir from neptuno.com.br and other from an american strore that will figurate on this case on chapter two.

4. Today i've some problems with reservoir conector and tomorrow i'll do the WC aquagate-viva mod and mount the ET on it's new home.

5. I've soft sanded the case to apply another paint coat and will polish it to give an extra bright tomorrow too.

6. Put the holder on top panel and tomorrow i'll do an texture painting, fix it and iluinate the Et over the case.

7. I'll do a temporary switch while those bulgin ones do not arrives here...

8. The font wins a analog termometer display i''ll put it on and remove the paint i did on font in the second chapter of this mod.

9. Also, all the case will get a professional cable sleeving, including font and all his conectors.

9. Did some screws and other works preparing for tomorrow jobs...

10. I'll work on lights when go mount the case friday.

11. I'll redo the 3D plexi ET face on transparent plexi to do not interfere on inside colors i got to case. It's really nice.

I have a lawer work tomorrow but i'll finish it at noon,

See you tomorrow witch the bigger update since begining...

Pedro Torres.

Master Mod

Default Version 1.0A , finally...

Folks,

I am incredible tired and did an video of the first time i turned on the pc after first part of mod.

That's it for now, tomorrow i'll do another post with all photos and coment all of your posts.

Now i'm going to bed, so tired...

Enjoy,

Pedro Torres.

PS-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKTqlqdtuRY

Master Mod

Default Water Alien Rebirth - From Brazil - Chapter 1 complete !

This post is the final of first part of the mod. Second part is already started and soon as i get some stuff i've ordered i'll bring the news...

First a lot of photos and two videos, after that, the coments...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKTqlqdtuRY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIe4SUu62l0