Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Alien Rebirth

Master Mod

Default Re: Water Alien Rebirth - From Brazil

This stuff makes me postergate the painting of monitor base for tomorrow. I only found it around midnight and get sleepy, so, i decided do the paint job tomorrow morning.

See you tomorrow

Pedro Torres.

Master Mod

This stuff makes me postergate the painting of monitor base for tomorrow. I only found it around midnight and get sleepy, so, i decided do the paint job tomorrow morning.

See you tomorrow

Pedro Torres.

Master Mod

See you tomorrow

Pedro Torres.

Quote Originally Posted by pedrofilho View Post

do you have an air compressor?!?! if you do then you can drill a hole in the bottem center of that can and put a fittings and then you will never have to buy another can of aerosol.

WARNING!!!!! do this at your own risk! if you do try this obviously make sure the can is empty. when drilling into the can do it ONLY in the bottem center. and when drilling put the airbrush adaptor on and leave the hose open to the air. but more so where FULL protection, gloves, eye, apron, and a mask. i learned my lesson the hard way. they put a chemical called "Allyl Isothiocyanate" aka mustard oil inside. this chemical BURNS!!! alot and fast. when i was drilling into the can it started smelling funky and very unpleasant. i did this inside, which i do not recommend. if you get this stuff on you then use water to get it off. i ran to the tap and washed it off with water, cold water. it seemed to do the trick. i got it on my hand and neck. it left a red rash for an hour or so. if you attempt to do this i would place the can unside down. i washed the rest of the stuff inside the can with water. i then took the grill off my small bbq and placed the can on top and wrapped the top with the plastic valve with wet paper towel. i attempted to boil off the rest of the water so the can doesn't rust. i got most out but not all.

pictures

use teflon tape if you try it for the air compressor fitting. make sure not to over tighten as the metal is thin and can easily strip the thread.

those purple spots are from the mustard oil. i'm not sure if thats the colour of it or it reacting to the paint. but now that i really think of it i don't think it was becuase of that. i think its just purple paint.

then for a "power source" i grabbed a empty tank they used for the drive clean and welded a nut onto it, added a air compressor fitting and now have a portable tank of compressed air. here are some pictures of it.

yes the weld ain't pretty but it doesn't leak. i did this with one other tank and i have to weld it then braze it to get it to stop leaking. this one didn't leak at all. i did it with oxy- acetylene. also while i was welding i looked away for a second and blew a hole right threw it. so i had to patch it back up.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

do you have an air compressor?!?! if you do then you can drill a hole in the bottem center of that can and put a fittings and then you will never have to buy another can of aerosol.

WARNING!!!!! do this at your own risk! if you do try this obviously make sure the can is empty. when drilling into the can do it ONLY in the bottem center. and when drilling put the airbrush adaptor on and leave the hose open to the air. but more so where FULL protection, gloves, eye, apron, and a mask. i learned my lesson the hard way. they put a chemical called "Allyl Isothiocyanate" aka mustard oil inside. this chemical BURNS!!! alot and fast. when i was drilling into the can it started smelling funky and very unpleasant. i did this inside, which i do not recommend. if you get this stuff on you then use water to get it off. i ran to the tap and washed it off with water, cold water. it seemed to do the trick. i got it on my hand and neck. it left a red rash for an hour or so. if you attempt to do this i would place the can unside down. i washed the rest of the stuff inside the can with water. i then took the grill off my small bbq and placed the can on top and wrapped the top with the plastic valve with wet paper towel. i attempted to boil off the rest of the water so the can doesn't rust. i got most out but not all.

pictures

use teflon tape if you try it for the air compressor fitting. make sure not to over tighten as the metal is thin and can easily strip the thread.

those purple spots are from the mustard oil. i'm not sure if thats the colour of it or it reacting to the paint. but now that i really think of it i don't think it was becuase of that. i think its just purple paint.

then for a "power source" i grabbed a empty tank they used for the drive clean and welded a nut onto it, added a air compressor fitting and now have a portable tank of compressed air. here are some pictures of it.

yes the weld ain't pretty but it doesn't leak. i did this with one other tank and i have to weld it then braze it to get it to stop leaking. this one didn't leak at all. i did it with oxy- acetylene. also while i was welding i looked away for a second and blew a hole right threw it. so i had to patch it back up.
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

pictures

pictures

pictures

Master Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post

WARNING!!!!! if you do try this obviously make sure the can is empty. when drilling into the can do it ONLY in the bottem center. and when drilling put the airbrush adaptor on and leave the hose open to the air. but more so where FULL protection, gloves, eye, apron, and a mask. i learned my lesson the hard way. they put a chemical called "Allyl Isothiocyanate" aka mustard oil. this chemical BURNS!!! alot and fast. when i was drilling into the can it started smelling funky and very unpleasant. i did this inside, which i do not recommend. if you get this stuff on you then use water to get it off. i ran to the tap and washed it off with water, cold water. it seemed to do the trick. i got it on my hand and neck. it left a red rash for an hour or so. if you attempt to do this i would place the can unside down. i washed the rest of the stuff inside the can with water. i then took the grill off my small bbq and placed the can on top and wrapped the top with the plastic valve with wet paper towel. i attempted to boil off the rest of the water so the can doesn't rust. i got most out but not all.

This is exaclty what i am about to do. I boght an tire air pipe and was programing to install it at botton and never more buy another aerosol.

Really thanks for the models you entered, i really apreciated that !

Thank you,

Pedro Torres

Edit:

PS-> The air thank is quite impressive, i am already copying it. Sure i´ll try to do one of this to me...

Master Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post

WARNING!!!!! if you do try this obviously make sure the can is empty. when drilling into the can do it ONLY in the bottem center. and when drilling put the airbrush adaptor on and leave the hose open to the air. but more so where FULL protection, gloves, eye, apron, and a mask. i learned my lesson the hard way. they put a chemical called "Allyl Isothiocyanate" aka mustard oil. this chemical BURNS!!! alot and fast. when i was drilling into the can it started smelling funky and very unpleasant. i did this inside, which i do not recommend. if you get this stuff on you then use water to get it off. i ran to the tap and washed it off with water, cold water. it seemed to do the trick. i got it on my hand and neck. it left a red rash for an hour or so. if you attempt to do this i would place the can unside down. i washed the rest of the stuff inside the can with water. i then took the grill off my small bbq and placed the can on top and wrapped the top with the plastic valve with wet paper towel. i attempted to boil off the rest of the water so the can doesn't rust. i got most out but not all.

This is exaclty what i am about to do. I boght an tire air pipe and was programing to install it at botton and never more buy another aerosol.

Really thanks for the models you entered, i really apreciated that !

Thank you,

Pedro Torres

Edit:

PS-> The air thank is quite impressive, i am already copying it. Sure i´ll try to do one of this to me...