Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help designing a logo

Default Re: Help designing a logo

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    So if i've done the logo what on earth is your graphics guy upto?
    To be honest with you I'm the driving force behind whatever goes on. The teacher that is meant to be helping us with this is utterly amazed at what I can do with SolidWorks and he's taking night classes for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Greco101 View Post
    Does it have a weight requirement? Because there's a LOT of wood there you do not need there. Perhaps even drill some air vents that go all the way through and gently come out before they hit the CO2.

I kinda wanna build one just for the hell of it. Maybe we should have a TBCS CO2 car contest of best theoretical design.
    I think the weight requirement for it is 55g and at the moment I have no idea of what this weighs!
    With the holes thing I think theres a rule that says all features have to be visible in all views to stop us doing that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

even though youve already picked the logo, i decided to give my ten cents worth anyway =)

how do ya think?

i went a bit too crazy with the blur tool but besides that =)

Greco101

Honestly not too bad of an idea noopy except it'd probably make more sense if you use an F1 tire. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Greco101 View Post
    Honestly not too bad of an idea noopy except it'd probably make more sense if you use an F1 tire. lol.
    theres really a difference?:p

Quote Originally Posted by noopypoop View Post
    F1 tyres are about 3 times wider and are completely slick.
    But thanks for the input anyway
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noopypoop View Post

Yeah. Aside from aesthetic differences, they also get TONS more grip because they're sticky when heated up.

Now, if you used an F1 Rain tire (which do have tread) then that would be a bit more understnadable. But the tire you used is still not wide enough to be an F1 Tire.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Greco101

F1 cars use two different types of tires. I'm not sure if they've made it a world wide rule yet but I believe every team must use the exact type of tires, one set of hard and one set of soft.

It's up to the teams strategy plan which to use first.

I tried following f1 at one point (very brief) but it's pretty damn hard considering there can be 5 different drivers in cars that all look almost identical.

looooooks sweet dude, im liking the logo,

But i would say that you can drill holes, its perfectly legal, i would think so anyway, if the teacher says anything just say its for wind resistance,

Or make the wood thinner, plain it, remove some wood somewhere else, make the support beams thinner and the such.

The lighter the better.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

http://www.f1inschools.ie/resources/...ns_2007_08.pdf
    Well thats the rules im working from.
    After reading through them theres nothing that specifically says I cant have holes in it but the thing is that it has to be manufactured completely by a CNC router so it cant be done I'm afraid.

CNC router's should beable to cut holes, im sure they can, can some one correct me on this if im wrong?

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!