Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast

Thread: LotusBlossom

Default Re: LotusBlossom

Rough cut this piece and propped it up inside the case to see what I (& you) think ... yes or no? I'm leaning toward keeping it because it will be all blank on one side and like I said, more room for fun artwork. Ideas for what to paint on this piece?

amberella
    --------------------------------------------------
    everyone has an uncle who's an amateur magician.

I like it. I think with more artwork on there it will really be nice looking. One of the things I dont like about acrylic cases (nothing against your work) is that its hard to keep them from looking plain or messy. With the added artwork I think it would look great!

Quote Originally Posted by OrsoDesigns View Post
    One of the things I dont like about acrylic cases (nothing against your work) is that its hard to keep them from looking plain or messy. With the added artwork I think it would look great!
    Yeah - I agree 100%. I'm kind of trying to accentuate that plainness with this project... fixing up all the cabling will really help give it the clean look. It's definitely an uphill battle in that tiny, delicate case. Tomorrow I need to go get some more stencil plastic & paint for plastic before I can keep going, so perhaps more sometime this weekend.

I've got a big night out planned in Ft. Lauderdale tonight , so if anyone wants to get their ass kicked on the pool table, I'll be at Capone's till late.

TGIF!

amberella

What about cutting some shapes or a pattern in the MB panel. This way, you could get a peak at that purple motherboard when all the lights are one?

Quote Originally Posted by moon111 View Post
    What about cutting some shapes or a pattern in the MB panel.

You could cut some nice looking dragon shapes into the panel!

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OrsoDesigns View Post
    You could cut some nice looking dragon shapes into the panel!
    You could also add a few plain white LED's between the motherboard and the backboard, shielded so the light doesn't leak INTO the case to light up the purple PCB through the cut-outs.... Just a thought...

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Looks amazing.

Not much else to say......

Oh yeah, + reppiness

I like the concept of doing a cutout, but actually the point is to (under normal lighting) have only these faceless white elements with no indication of the rest of the artwork. I want it to fit in with some neat modern decor to look more like a sculpture of some sort rather than an in-your-face mod. I'm going to leave the motherboard uncovered on the other side of the case, so its fun purple-ness will be the only thing visible. I think perhaps some chakra symbols or i-ching? I realize at this point I'm basically inadvertently reconstructing my tattoo, so I'd like to get away from that has a lotus, mermaid, and i-ching symbol LOL. **strains brain to think of something new**

I just got the stencil plastic I need so I'm getting to work now.

amberella
    Last edited by amberella; 08-19-2007 at 01:21 PM. Reason: added link to pic

Nice case mod, Great Ink. Im getting my Lotus + Koi tattoo done soon.

Quote Originally Posted by amberella View Post
    I like the concept of doing a cutout, but actually

the point is to (under normal lighting) have only these faceless white elements with no indication of the rest of the artwork. I want it to fit in with some neat modern decor to look more like a sculpture of some sort rather than an in-your-face mod. I'm going to leave the motherboard uncovered on the other side of the case, so its fun purple-ness will be the only thing visible. I think perhaps some chakra symbols or i-ching? I realize at this point I'm basically inadvertently reconstructing my tattoo, so I'd like to get away from that has a lotus, mermaid, and i-ching symbol LOL. **strains brain to think of something new**

I just got the stencil plastic I need so I'm getting to work now.

amberella

Quote Originally Posted by SabreNoose View Post
    Nice case mod, Great Ink. Im getting my Lotus + Koi tattoo done soon.
    Thanks. I'm adding on a big Kali and working on creating a whole backpiece. It's addictive. Good luck with yours!

I'm thinking this for the square: Hokusai Wood Block ... I want to be sure to pick something classically Japanese, as my tastes now tend towards the Indian style and I have to keep telling myself "no!" hehe - there's nothing more tacky historically-illiterate american than some art thing with chinese letters, a japanese dragon, and sanskrit detailing. It's gonna be the wave or a buddha, but I'm leaning towards wave because I think it will stencil better.