Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Project : Deuce

Default Re: Project : Deuce

As I have had a TON of time to work on this mod, I will have a pictorial update for you in the next day or two.

I have disassembled my primary rig (the one that housed all of my hardware that is going into Deuce) and have been installing and removing all of it in an effort to better visualize and route all of the cabling.

Well, in the coming days, there will be some good and exciting pics that I think you will like, as well as some serious movement.

To give a brief synopsis,

1) My plan for the pumps was not going to work. I mis judged the width of the motherboard and where the backs of the video cards were going to be.... but trials can bring inspiration when routed properly, and I came up with a bitchen solution for the pumps! I think you will like!

2) Chemical "WeldOn" is drying on the last joint of my reservoir brackets! I took one of the completed units and the one prototype that I did many weeks back, and placed them in the 5.25" bay area to see how they would work... and I am happy! I eyeballed those dimensions perfectly!!!

3) SLI bracket on the video cards is going to be a bit of a pain in the tookus.... since the cards each have their own full cover, I have to find a way to route the SLI bridge through the flamed acrylic *without* messing up the flow. This only impacts the top card, since the SLI bridge must cut across the flames to make it to the bottom card. I think I have an idea to minimize the flame impact.... we'll see.

4) I ordered fans for hte video cards, and unfortunately I recieved the wrong type. I am awaiting the replacement correct white LED fans.

5) In all of the hoopla of placing my case, I had the epiphany that, "Oh crap! I dont have room for an optical drive!" DOH!!! But I found an excellent item that will work the solution, an eSATA/USB chassis that will hold the CD/DVD drive. I have to check out my SATA ports on the machine, and if that wont work, then I will have to use it as USB. Fingers crossed....

more to come... but that is about a summary of what all is going on!!!
    -=:http://www.tech-daddy.com:=-
    (yeah I know... I need to update it... BUT I NEED TO MOD!!! )

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Lots of stuff for you to do lol, at least you know where you are heading. I can't wait for the pics.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

the video card looks awsome! cant wait to see it together!!!!
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Pics up tonight... I'm about to fall asleep on my keyboard!
    You would not believe the number of times I had to re-write stuff just to get the pics up!

I will add full text after I have had some sleep!

The graphics card shroud looks beautiful as does the pump and res mounts.

Maybe you should make a support for the GPU, it is sagging a lot with just the weight of the block and shroud, with coolant it will be even heavier. MAy be something for you to consider, I knock could snap the card in the socket and damage the mobo in the process.

the card is actually not sagging. It is the bend of the acrylic on the ends that I did to give the fan som additional room. The card is actually quite straight. A bit of bowing due to the waterblock tension.

Still working on that.

Yeah I noticed that the plexi bowed a bit more but I actually looked at the PCB itself. The waterblock you say, quite understandable once I think about it.

Finally got my other video card back last week and then *finally* got my correct LED fans delivered! (First set did not have the LED's.... be that as it may! The 2nd video card shroud was ENTIRELY too much drama. ANd I apologize in that I did not take pics of the processing today... only the results.

Card #2 I misjudged on the sanding and ended up taking too much material off, and I spent the rest of the day performing lots of custom bends and tweaks to get the shroud to lay right on the card.

That and the SLI bridge was just more drama than it needed to be!
    BUT... I still have some more LED's to mount in the shrouds to make them pop.... but.... welll... see for yourself!

First fan installed and looking pretty darn dapper I might add! I bored out the holes with a counter sink tool to let the screws fall through deep enough to grab the fan fram for a few twists. I flame polished those too!

Put in both cards, note the SLI bridge!

Turn on the fans using a little psu I have for hard drives, and drop the lights:

My box is on FIRE!!!!!

I have a few minor tweaks and cleanup to pull off on these units, but I am damn happy!

-=TD

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

wow that looks cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

yeah!... and with 2 of thoose pumps you should do fine xD
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]