Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Internet trouble...

Default Re: Internet trouble...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    Point is that even inline filters are still signal splitters .. that type just split the signal out for the phone and don't have a dsl output. Usually one has only one dsl device on a line but often more than one phone. You can split the incoming signal at the door and have the whole phone loop on one splitter.

Look I said you were right, but now that you are saying that filters and splitters are the same. They are not.
    A DSL "Splitter" is still an inline filter. The line is split, and then one side is run through the inline filter, whereas the other is unfiltered in order to go to the DSL Modem. So if you have an inline DSL Filter it is not "splitting" the signal at all, its just filtering out the the specified frequencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    You can split the incoming signal at the door and have the whole phone loop on one splitter.
    This is how I am currently setup. They took the line that was going to my office and installed an inline filter on it at the box. The only downside to this, is if you want to move your DSL modem to another room, you will have to rewire at the box. Also if you want to have a phone at the jack your DSL modem is plugged into, you will still need an inline filter there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by aintnothang View Post
    I have a bunch of inline splitters so I'm going to put these on the rest of the lines once I find them...
    Good deal, let us know how it turns out!

WTF.. All of a sudden it keeps double posting.

some custom title eh Cannibal23's Avatar

if its happening for such a short period of time it is likely one of your devices rebooting. i used to have the same issue with my router. you could set up a serises of pings and leave them running.
    like this

click start - run type in "cmd" click ok
    you will get a little black box. in the black box type "ping" followed by a space and then your routers ip address followed by -t the -t will make this ping continue untill you press control C to stop it. if you set up a ping to your router and a ping to your routers internet gateway and maybe to another web site in 3 seperate cmd boxes you will see where you can reach to and pin point the cut off the very next time your at your pc and it drops.
    - The stone knows not why the chistle cleves it
    - The steel knows not why the fire scorches it
    - When thy life is cleft and scorched
    - Curse not thine evil fate
    - Thank the builder for the trials that shape thee.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal23 View Post
    if its happening for such a short period of time it is likely one of your devices rebooting. i used to have the same issue with my router. you could set up a serises of pings and leave them running.
    like this ...
    Good plan + Rep. It's his phones though. This would show what part of the network they were disturbing lol

Generally speaking this is a good tip for tracing certain types of internet issue.

The inline filter thingies fixed it! Thanks for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by aintnothang View Post
    The inline filter thingies fixed it! Thanks for all the help.
    Told ya

yay! glad it worked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER