Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: No more Windows for Me

Default Re: No more Windows for Me

i admit, had it running fine for a while (RTM) but as said above, it takes almost all control out of your hands, as soon as i started changing settings, it started to mess up, i got errors, or some things i couldn't turn off that i didn't need.

And yes, it still ate my memory.

I think 98se and 2k are the best, i only use XP as i use Photoshop CS3, which won't run on anything else.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Where to begin with Vista, I have to dual boot b/c Steam and Vista fight with each other and there's like 1000000 other people out there having same issue. Vista the last few weeks has really been pissing me off and if you ever have to format good luck find all the proper drivers again unless you make your own bootdisk, and I still don't have all my drivers or proper drivers. (Yes I know drivers aren't Vista's fault but Vista made it harder for some companies to get it to work properly like sound cards)

I started using Linux about a year ago. At first, I ran a dual boot system. After a few months of getting more comfortable with Linux, I kicked Windows off my computers. I bought a new laptop a couple of months ago and almost kept it on Windows, because I couldn't get the wireless card to work in Linux. It took 2 or 3 days of fiddling to get it working properly. Being allowed (encouraged) to tinker with the inner workings of the OS is one of the main reasons why I started looking at Linux in the first place.
    My goal in life is to earn enough money to enjoy the lifestyle that my wife and kids do.

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Wow, a lot of hate going on in this thread. Both Linux and Windows seem like great operating systems in my opinion. Granted i have very limited Linux experience but it seem like there is a lot of power underneath the hood waiting to be unlocked. Windows is good to. If you want compatibility with everyone else in the world or would like to game, Windows is great. Just don't expect to do much customization. (Though i always did like changing to classic theme and going through and screwing with all of the colors. its just a shame you can't do that with the XP skin. Vista took a step forward letting you pick any color out of the color wheel for you window borders.)

Its all about what your in to and what you plan on using your OS for.

We should just try to get along and hate on a common enemy... Mac OS X

Just kidding, I use OS X as well. Its really pretty but i don't like how locked down apple computers are. At first i didn't care but I've come across little things over time that just start to piss me off. And really TWO themes... wtf. They aren't even different, one has colored buttons the other has silver buttons.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I got XP installed again and like how it works. If I knew how to use LInux or had a friend that could help me figure stuff out I'd use it, but I don't, so ah well.

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

you were only on linux for a little over 2 weeks D:
    Windows isnt as bad as what people say it is, its just difficult

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    If I knew how to use LInux or had a friend that could help me figure stuff out I'd use it, but I don't, so ah well.
    If you're interested in learning Linux, there are people here who could probably help, plus there is ALOT of info on the internet, including distro specific forums like Ubuntu.
    My goal in life is to earn enough money to enjoy the lifestyle that my wife and kids do.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Well, I learn best if I have someone to show me on hand. One day when I have more free time, lol... well, free time that isn't being used to play WoW, lol.

Nice sig by the way, lol.