Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My new aquarium

Default My new aquarium

Some may wonder where I've been. Well I dont have much time to mod these days, but I still have two running. (dont worry I've not forget the Resurection project of the Albator... Still need to find some parts)
    Since I spend probably too much time on work, I decided to add an aquarium in my office. Still need to buy some fishs, but here it is

Notice the modder toutch : blue leds

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

^ Soon to be one. Computer-Geek's Avatar

Default Re: My new aquarium

Not bad what are the specs?
    - Computer-Geek

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Get some UV LED's and some UV reactive fish. oooh pretty!

Pretty cool fish tank though, I gotta admit, makes me want to go out and buy one too!

The human skull is a nice touch, even though I'm usually against it. I'm afraid that one day goldfish will turn on the human species as the dominant predators of this world, due to the many generations of brainwashing that the goldfish have endured thanks to the looking at a human skull every day for the majority of their lives. That, and I'm sure they're starting to get pretty ticked off from being flushed down the potty and into the sewers while taking a nice long nap after a hard night of partying.

So let me just say, that I'll be the first to welcome are new goldfish overlords, but the last to say that "I never saw it coming". :p
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Zephik, they're called sharks.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Fish tank specs:
    20 gallon High 24" x 12" x 16"

What kind of fish I want:
    Probably some Crown Pearlscale Goldfish
    or Calico Oranda Goldfish
    or Black Oranda Goldfish

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    Get some UV LED's and some UV reactive fish. oooh pretty!

Pretty cool fish tank though, I gotta admit, makes me want to go out and buy one too!

The human skull is a nice touch, even though I'm usually against it. I'm afraid that one day goldfish will turn on the human species as the dominant predators of this world, due to the many generations of brainwashing that the goldfish have endured thanks to the looking at a human skull every day for the majority of their lives. That, and I'm sure they're starting to get pretty ticked off from being flushed down the potty and into the sewers while taking a nice long nap after a hard night of partying.

So let me just say, that I'll be the first to welcome are new goldfish overlords, but the last to say that "I never saw it coming". :p

But goldfish cant remember anything after 3 seconds. SUPER A.D.D.

Click here for the Battlefield 2 L.A.N. Pc worklog.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

crenn, thats called mass hysteria due to the release of the movie "Jaws" (:p) and the fact that once upon a time ago the media ate up such stories as "shark attacks", which is understandable really, as sharks really are terrifying looking creatures with their many rows of razor sharp teeth. But sharks aren't human killers. The fact is, most of what you hear about with "shark attacks" is actually something more on the lines of "mistaken identity". They get confused at what they are seeing and/or smelling as I understand it. That, and when you're hungry, just about everything and anything looks good enough to eat. But also, they're has been more than one story about a shark who has attacked and then let go. (though I will say, that they still are dangerous and for the most part, should be avoided. Even if it is mistaken identity, I'd rather not be eatin' thank you very much. lol)

I'm sure you already knew that, as I think your comment was meant as comical, but I just like to clear the subject up whenever I can, so no offense meant.

Its just that I used to have a friend that was utterly terrified by sharks and wouldn't even go more than knee deep in the ocean. Well, that is until I told her thats plenty deep enough for some sharks. Now she won't go in past ankle deep. I suppose I probably shouldn't tell her that thats plenty deep enough for other deadly/poisonous critters of the sea. lol

@danthegeek: Ah, you got me! I suppose Sharks really are the better candidate then? :p
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by danthegeek View Post
    But goldfish cant remember anything after 3 seconds. SUPER A.D.D.
    Someone hasn't been watching mythbusters!

Zephik, shark attacks are rare, and people getting killed are even rarer, but it does happen.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    Zephik, shark attacks are rare, and people getting killed are even rarer, but it does happen.
    That reminds me of an article from the Daily Show a few years back when there was a rash of like 5 Shark Attacks in Florida. The did a segment on the rash of falling coconuts. Apparently there are like 15 to 20 deaths a year due to falling coconuts in Florida per year, and many more injuries, and the media was freaking out over 5 shark attacks. Sensationalism at its best!

haha goldfish would get sick the second they get lungs.

get a black ghost knife!!!

you can even hand feed them make sure you put in some pvc tubes though, they like to hide some times.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v