Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help designing a poster.

Default Need help designing a poster.

Well i'm having a part very soon, and at the end as a food gift for the road were going to give away biscottis(one of my favorite desserts!). Any way, the station giving away the biscottis is going to be called Scotty's Biscotti Bar(my name is Scott). The text is easy, but also im going to plan to take a picture of myself with my arms out wide, then resize a picture of a biscotti and make it look like im holding a huge biscotti. Also, since the theme of the party is cars, im planning to make a biscotti look like a car(if you look at one you'll see how i could make it a car).

Any ideas how to do this?

This isnt just a for fun thing like the wallpapers ive made in the past. I need to get this done before the party and get it printed. Also, this has to be a big size. If i make it a small resolution, willl it pixalate when printed or do i have to make it like 5000x5000 pixels?

Thank you if you help, and reps all round' !

is never gonna give you up Elenril's Avatar

Default Re: Need help designing a poster.

When you make it, make sure that you choose at least 360dpi for the resolution. That's the minimum dpi for print, otherwise it will be pixelated.

Good luck, if you have any questions or anything just send me a PM.

Click for my dA page

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW
    Never leave a bright orange case outside. Magpies will attempt to gang rape it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenril View Post
    When you make it, make sure that you choose at least 360dpi for the resolution. That's the minimum dpi for print, otherwise it will be pixelated.

Good luck, if you have any questions or anything just send me a PM.
    well the thing is this is going to be really big. Probably over a couple feet so im going to get it professionallly printed with nice paper as apposed to my printer which not the king of quality i need.

EDIT: Also i need it so it will be clear at any size the printing people make it.

ugh just found out. I NEED THIS DONE BY ABOUT SUNDAY!

i need all the help i can get!

In that case, when you create a new document, when you select the dimensions, choose the dimensions in inches or feet rather than pixels. That way you will definitely know what size it will be, and it will be that size when printed. For something that big, I'd probably up the resolution a bit to 400dpi at least, but unless your computer has a lot of power it's going to cause some serious lag. I wouldn't go overboard with dpi though, as long as it's pretty high it should be fine.

Also, professional printing is VERY expensive if you didn't know already. Not sure what point I'm trying to make there, seeing as you can't print anything decent from a normal printer anyway.

Click for my dA page

Do 300DPI, thats what i've always been told is the lowest for prints.

If you need it to be quiet large the guesstimate the size you want and set it at about that, it will be seriously slow and the file size will be huge though.

And you stole my name, so i have no idea why im helping you

ok. its gunna be 3ft by 2 ft

how many pixels per inch should i pick

dots per inch: 400. just to be safe.

Click for my dA page

now it made the size over 300 meters!

or does m mean megabyte