Thread: Start Menu Sub Nav Customization?

Default Start Menu Sub Nav Customization?

Hey guys. I've got another question for yall about the windows start menu in XP. I want to change and add folders to the sub navigation. You know where it says "My Documents", I want to add another folder to that group so i can access my movies just as quickly. Is this possible? I've tried browsing to the start menu though my computer and added the folders but they didnt show up.

Help is appreciated!

Default Re: Start Menu Sub Nav Customization?

If you right click on the Start Button, and select "Properties", a box will come up that says "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties". In that box make sure the "Start Menu" tab is selected, and on the right you will see a button titled "Customize...". Click that and you will be presented with another box titles "Customize Start Menu". Click the "Advanced" Tab. Under the "Start menu items:" list scroll down to the "My Documents" section and select the "Display as menu" radio button. Click "OK". Then Click "OK" on the "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties". I'm not sure thats exactly what you want, but its the closest thing I could find.

Good luck and hope this helps!

Well ignore this... I figured out why I am double posting... FYI. If you decided to run "Replay Media Catcher" to capture FLV files, and you post to the site, while its running. It will double post.

You could just create a shortcut to your movies folder, and then drag it into the start menu where you want it.

That should work just fine for you.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Thanks overide, your sugjestion didnt really give me the solution i was after but gave me an idea that didnt pan out either I found out how to change the name's on the start menu items through the properties box. So for anyone looking to just rename the items, use the proerties for that item. Moreover, this renames the folder associated with it aswell.

I first thought of doing this and moving my movies into the renamed folder. This is where the delima reared its ugly head. The folder still remains the same, if you rename "My Pictures" it still is your picture folder and all saved pictures get deposited there. Not quite what i want for a movies only folder.

My quest continues...

Luke, im using the idea you brought forth. I am in search of a better more custom approach. Thanks anyway.