Thread: Macbook: Wallstreet

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Default Macbook: Wallstreet

I had a friend who asked me to look at her Macbook a while ago. I told her I would do my best considering I deal mostly with PCs. Well she decided to buy another laptop and gave me the Wallstreet. I was thinking about fixing it up for my wife to use as a basic internet browser.

She said her boyfriend tried to put Diablo on and everything crashed. When I try to boot it up all I get is a gray screen with a little floppy drive with a question mark on it. I figure that this is a missing operating system or something. I've seen a few people on here have Macs on here and was hoping to get a little insight.

This Macbook has no USB but I was curious, would the system itself run Linux and if so any ideas out there which distro I should download and install. I've wanted to try out Linux but I have no idea where to start. Or would it be easier to get a copy of 7.5 (free at apple.com) and just run the Mac system. Any input is greatly appreciated.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Vampires are also allergic to bulldozers BerticusPryme's Avatar

Default Re: Macbook: Wallstreet

yeah i used to have that same model.it will run ubuntu just fine. go to this link http://gonz.wordpress.com/2006/03/22...g3-wallstreet/
    that should help you out and if you need a copy of mac os9 I think i still got my laying around here.

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Default Re: Macbook: Wallstreet

Thanks for the offer on OS 9. I think I'll have to take you up on it seems I got no boot discs for the laptop. I'll pay for the shipping if you let me know how much.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."