Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Project N0NAME

Default Re: Project N0NAME

Quote Originally Posted by dgrmkr
    well, i've got myself in a bit of a root.. don know when i'll do any more modding, cause i'm in danger of being expelled.. bye
    we need details!!!

D'Oh

offtopic: well, danger is away.. there was a stupid incident with one of the universtie's servers.. blah.. they had a list of those who entered by devious means (admin hack) and stupidly i was on that list too.. dang, i heard there was a nice error message if u entered the right commands... then all hell got loose, they cut our internet connection, they threatened all of us with expulsion from the dorm.. all because some drunken loser deleted lots of stuff, another one uploaded crap on the server etc.. it all got cleared up when one of them admitted.. i did nothing, so nothing will happen..

getting back to the topic.. i got dough now, i got some ideas... and i did etch a pretty good window for the psu.. i really like how the clear coat looks and it really makes the psu case shine.. i'll try some more designs before doing anything permanent... got some pics i'll post as soon as i'll download them..

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

Rankenphile

:p

D'Oh

okay... back in the race i've bought another 512ddr400. now i have 1gig dual channel

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

Anodized

you guys rock my socks
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." --Han Solo--
    Star Wars IV:A New Hope

D'Oh

i'm back... went home for the holidays.. had some free time.. visited my dad's workplace and got some nice things done.. not final.. kinda beta version work, but still, i like fabricating and designing

the first part of a hdd rack.. fits in 3 bays and houses 4 hdds...

part 2..

test fit 1..

test fit 2..

and i hacked this lil piece of steel..

..marked the pieces to cut..

basicaly, i needed the psu mount and..

and this lil part..

and this is a nice sample of aluminum(3mm thick) i wanna use for a custom case..

and this "small" machine is gonna make the fine cuts..

this is the airflow and structural schematic of what i was thinking.. it's an inverted mobo design.. with lots of 120mm fans

the front panel main piece..

a piece to fit a 120 mm fan.. three of this are needed...

a nice utility panel.. if i ever make this, it's gonna look sick.. i think.. in a good way.. i'll make some renderings of this to study the effect i'm after..

a derived psu mount i hope i'll use for external insertion of the psu.. so it would be easier to swap units..

the back panel.. v1..

i'm not sure of this part.. this is probably the hardest things the gray thing is supposed to be a heatpipe.. does any one know from where i can buy some???

..have to go to school.. and pick up a new video board.. cheap thing.. i'll use for a few weeks.. then sell it and buy a better one.. that's the plan at least..

D'Oh

..got home.. did some testing.. i have mixed feelings.. i mean i knew what i was buying.. i had lil cash to spare this month and i did get a good board (i got 700 points in 3dmark05 with the 5200 and 2200 with this one: gecube 9550 gu2 with 256ddr2... looks good, but compared to what erformance horses i've seen around.. )

..nice cooler.. really quiet and keeps the board cool

..the markings say 9550 but windows sees it like a 9600xt.. ?!?!... what up with that?

Anybody knows the limit of this boards regarding oc? And what cooler (air,heatpipe, not water.. not worth it) should i buy?

D'Oh

..got bored today after school.. the weather was nice, wind was blowing.. so i bought a small heatsink.. very cheap.. the speeze memory radiator (as cheap as they come..)

..raw material 4 me..

..take dremel with a reinforced disc..

..cut some small bga sinks... these are temporary, for the backside of the video board's memory..

..i have my doubts about the adhesive.. but for now it's ok..

..took the other piece and cut it lenghtwise..

..small groove taking shape.. aluminum is hard to cut..

..half way thru..

..and half cut 1 piece went on the voltage regulators, althoug they are not getting warm.. but i do have a 50% overclock and you never know..

..one piece is still laying on the table.. cant find anything to stick to.. at least now, casue i'm a bit sleepy.. i have an exam tomorrow.. again.. they just seem to come and come.. darn..

..good night..

D'Oh

well...this was A GOOD NIGHT... I GOT A PHONE NUMBER... OF A GIRL.. i'm so happy.. i'll probably delete this part of the post later.. right now i'm a bit wasted.. some updates... from stock 446/450 for the video card i got to a maximum of 486/688 very stable to 500/720 with rwre artifacts. again: this is a 9550 gu2... hope i'll buy a cooler to raise the freq, buy next month i'll probably spend about 100$ on raw speakers...

D'Oh

great day..not.. my dvdrw got busted (unknown cause), my vdo board makes funny things in 3d.. and i had to lose half a gig of ram to make my pc work.. stable.. dang..