Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: Project N0NAME

D'Oh

Default Re: Project N0NAME

so... i got the phone utility working.. misteriously... so i got the pics out of the phone )

ati silencer no2.. came in nice shiny package..

..back of package.. man, i love getting these shniny packages open...

..(blurry) sticker.. don't like these... they are best suited on my phone's battery

...dindn't need the instructions.. basically, the thing has to be "uninstalled" when you get it out of the package, so you have an idea how to mount it on the video board.. if u do it right, that is..

..this is also useful, as seeing you need some holes for the exhaust..

i hate this piece... so unaesthetic.. unfortunatelly, it is (still) needed as a back plate for the mounting mechanism..

the cooler out of the box, shoing itself in its full-copper-base form..

..nice fins..

..nice fan.. veeeeerrrrryyy silent... not only compared to the rest of my fans..

..nice sticker.. i hate it though.. i think i'll loose it and etch the clear case..

the fin array is very nicely bonded to the base and it looks very clean... no bends (i remember when i got my copper volcano 12 and took it apart.. some fins on the sides were bent.. )

..good thing they use thermal tape.. bad it isn't full-copper with some thermal compound...

..old card..

"old" gpu..

"new" (cleaned) gpu..

..it says swiss design, but it's made in china..

..new card with added silence...

card is quite thick now.. hmm... and longish.. 2xhmm

ugly.. will adress it later... i'm going home in 2 or 3 days, so no time now.. tools all packed...

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

D'Oh

..another shot

..test fit..

board installed.. now the prevoius "hmmm" was upgraded to "damn".. because of the ugly back piece, there isn't that much room for the cpu fan.. and i had to move the hard drive lower in the case.. because of the added lenght..

well... these are some pics.. i put these up not as a how-to-change-your-video-board-cooler but more as a before series of photos

also, i took the old cooler apart and "max"-ed it

i hope one day i will get to do this.. my problem is that i can't mill copper with my dremel ) and i can't find 20mm thick acrylic...

(oh, this is no standalone piece, as i hope that if i can make one, i will make some more.. like this:

..it's a jet impingement block with a labirint... looks good on paper.. hope pic doesn't reveal to much

..and this is what i think will be better than anything else out there.. as far as watercooling solo can go:

a 30mm heatpipe with a fin-labirint surrounding it.. low flow and fast heat transfer.. i hope.. not seen this done before..

unfortunatelly, the heatpipe company Maz suggested previously did not respond ..
    )

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

Rankenphile

holy crap, nice render!

D'Oh

holy crap, nice render!

thanks.. but these are just 1 or 2 hour renderings.. i can even read the boards, listen to music, read about volt mods, watch a movie and do another max scene

Those are nice. 3DS MAX is...well, i couldn't get my head around it. Nice work.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

D'Oh

10ks.. 3ds isn't that hard... you just need some practice, tutorials and then lots of thinking and more practice.. it's not that hard to do pc-related stuf.. once you learn how to work with splines, extrusions, editable meshes and materials basically, you do it as it would be done in real life...

oh, if i'm not asking too much, seeing that i got your attention , could you please comment on the designs.. are they any good? cause my theory is nothing without practice

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by Rankenphile
    How about this baby? It ought to give you all the power you'd EVER need.

1KW psu
    66Amps on the 12v rail? That's a monster. Bet it'd handle TECs with ease.

Your designs are incredible, although in the first render, you have copper slats at the in and out. If you slightly angled these, then you'd probably get much better heat dissipation. But being honest...your work is beautiful. I REALLY wish you could make those parts. Do you do this professionally? Because those are better than most renders i've seen, and the quality of your designs is nothing short of brilliant.

-Dave

D'Oh

10ks again DaveW.. well, not professionally.. but considering i'm flunking exams because i study every thing i can get my hands on (virtually or not) and try to redo it and improve on it.. it's more of an obsession.. unfortunatelly, there aren't any universities here which would allow me to learn or have fun while doing my research.. so... life's hard.. i wish i was working, not just thinking.. tough luck i guess.. most people (who can pay me) here haven't heard of 3ds, they are looking for corel this and that, flash.. no CAD

a real rendering would take from 10 hours to a few days.. considering multiple lights and several passes with multisampling on the materials.. and for one picture only this of course with my current rig.. with an amd fx / extreme edition one i could probably make the times easily 5 times shorter.. but it would be more than 5x more expensive

back on topic: what do you mean angled? like skew them towards the inside, or make 'em less "linear"? ...to avoid laminary flow and get more turbulence? like you said, these are just some "sketches", and i can change anything

ex: this pic took 17 minutes to render..

..other side took 3 hours

this block is lighter than the first (less acrylic), and has 2 lights affecting its colour

to avoid laminary flow and get more turbulence?
    That's exactly what i was thinking. Christ, those are impressive, i tell you.

-Dave