Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: Project N0NAME

Default Re: Project N0NAME

Quote Originally Posted by dgrmkr
    and i had to lose half a gig of ram to make my pc work.. stable.. dang..
    Strange thing about the RAM. My old PC had 512, I got a new one with 1G but it wasn't stable at all. I ran some memory test utils and they all failed the second stick. I swapped them over and it still failed on the second.
    These were two identical sticks.
    I then took the 512 from my previous PC and put it alongside one of these 512s. It works perfectly, as does the other 512 in the previous unit.

So, the two identical 512 sticks just didn't work well together...

well...this was A GOOD NIGHT... I GOT A PHONE NUMBER... OF A GIRL.. i'm so happy.. i'll probably delete this part of the post later.. right now i'm a bit wasted..
    Better preserve it for posterity then... :p

Did you call her yet?

D'Oh

i did solve the ram problem.. i had to remove the HS from one ram mudule and plug it in another slot.. it just wouldnt run stable in dual channel.. no surprise becasue one mudule is cl2.5 and the other cl3.. BUT! they did run as stable as hell 'till now.. and the error is always generated by a "video device driver".. that may be true.. BUT! i tested my other board.. no error.. my newer board on antoher pc.. no error... what the? then it must from my current configuration as a whole...? heck with it.. got no money left, several exams aproaching.. one tomorrow.. i'll just leave things as they are..

oh, the dvd burner appears dead why??? that's gonna set me back next month.. i had plans dam it.. i wanted to buy 4 ten inch speakers (raw drivers) and make me a new set of biamped towers.. this lil skill of mine will probably "sponsor" some future mods that go beyond buying crappy 75$ video boards or noname ram... for an overclocked K7..

( if anybody knows how i can fix/ troubleshoot a "dead" dvd.. pls help.. i can just say it draws current, the eject button works.. i hear no noise when i insert a cd (most of the time, that is.. it did spin the discs a few times, but erratically.. i can see no rule to it's behaviour).. the led doesnt blink while accesing the disc and now windows or the bios cant see the unit when installed.. no shock occurred to it.. mystery..

and about the last part, xmastree: i'm not sure when to call.. i think there is a rule to how much i have to wait.. not sure.. but i am a bit troubled by 2 examinations coming this week.. both are programming related, but i do get butterflies if i think of the implications.. booze helps with forgetting them i will call her though

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

D'Oh

well.. it seem smy psu is dying.. can't wait for next month.. i've set my eyes on an antec smart 2.0 500w psu.. simple, plain, enough volts for me.. and on the cheap side.. anybody can throw an opinion on this.. i'm still searching.. but this psu is well in my budget

i'm bored copying exercises for my physic lab, so i'm doing some maual work: sanding the bondo smooth.. on my long forgotten front panel.. pics will come soon.. cause i love pics

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

D'Oh

i had a nice quiet weekend.. exams start in a fortnight.. well, i've done some sketches and measures.. mostly by eye.. did this things fast.. and made a scene in 3dsmax.. no time to render it, just made some shots of the viewport.. this is how i would like my project to look (for now, still evolving..):

..things have been placed.. all are a tight fit.. almost all...

...i'm thinking 2 120mm fans for intake, 4 80mm with blue leds as outs in the video zone...

...2 more 80 mm fans as blowholes.. already done..

..a heat-pipe cooler for the GPU.. thinking vm-101 as i can't find some heatpipes to buy.. it's cheap.. so i might mod it one day.. also, i might redo the panel (seen some welding involved in a popular mod these days..) and cut some nice designs in the side-"outake"..

..i'm thinking that the performance of this small HS will be improved if i get lots of air travelling tru

..browsing tru the worklogs... well, i got inspired.. Defyant is such a great craftsman, i thought of giving the blowholes a try (you're my mentor rock on!).. if i can do them.. bought some pipe already, but i'm waiting and analyzing.. don't have the guts 2 do it fast though...

..all this bondo made the panel very heavy.. so some holes are due..

..i'm thinking of doing some burried knobs as a fan controller.. faceplate will evolve.. it's nice to do this before i screw anything up

.. problems: dvd writer doesn't fit in the sketches.. weird.. in real life, it does.. with slack.. well, probably the late hour of the night affects me.. can't seem to find a nice idea for a H plate to mount the sonic tower so that the flow is from front2back, not bottom2top.. (this one easy.. just need some time to brew..)

got classes in the morning, so.. bye

Overclocked

It looks like you either put in too much harder, or waited too long in a few spots on the bondo. I did the same thing a couple of times. Once you sand it down, it shouldn't be to heavy. You lost me on the bottom hole though It looks too big for the fan? All in all, nice design, and I like the simple lines.
    Can't wait to see what you do with the GPU. Cool ....

D'Oh

10ks MDCS... i'm trying to keep it as simple and elegant as possible.. don't know how it will turn though. I'm very new at working with plastics on this level..

Both holes are identical. 110mm big, just enough for the blades to show.. when you say the bottm one, u mean the front bottom one? cause thats 120mm fan capable.. and i used it.. if you are saying something that derives from the real pic.. it's true.. the tube for the 120 fan will be smaller in width than the hole, but i'll fill the gaps.. did i get it right?

any help is good.. your case's blow hole is inspiring.. any hints are welcome

yesterday i marked the bottom circle, and am considering how to cut it.. this is more complex than the uper part, as the buttons of the case were once there.. nu "biggi'.. i'll just sand them smooth.. also, i'm thinking how to make the hdd cage cooler, because the foldable tabs of the economic-compromise-case i own today are in the way, weakening the structure of the assembly and maybe inducing vibrations.. big no-no... well..today, now, i just finished my english homework.. nice.. going to sleep.. i think.. or maybe back to 3dsmax? hmm.. bye

D'Oh

i've ordered an antec slk3000b today.. hopes it arrives soon.. i've been looking for a bigger case for a while to house my system (seeing that i can't go home with what i have now 'cause my parents would kill me) until i get tools to fab the aluminum panels..
    anyways, i think i'll keep my case ideas for a new system (hope i'll make some bucks this summer.. i already earned a few, but those went into another project.. pc-related only cause of the sound card .. a big bad speaker.. pics only on request, cause this is a pc-forum).
    Project n0name still holds.. i have no theme, just an urge to experiment so as soon as i get the new case i'll cut it

Overclocked

look over here
    heat pipe maker online...

"you must be the change you wish to see in the world"
    -ghandi

D'Oh

Maz, 100x thanks dude.. you are a life saver.. the link is wayyyy too cool... now i have to find out if they can send some stuff to an amateur modder like me and all the way round the world

D'Oh

well.. waiting gaem is on.. the case has not arrived.. next week they tell me.. in the mean time.. price went up a few bucks, enough to annoy me.. hmm.. suspicious.. why would they tell me "why yes, we got it right here, but it's in another shop.. tomorrow morning we'll surelly have it right here" and then they ell me "something must have gotten wrong.. we ordered it.. it's just not anywhere.. come back next week".. this is why i hate economics and like machines..

i think i'm gonna buy a dvdrw sooner.. actually in the morning.. i'm eyeing either the pioneer dvr-111d or the asus DRW-1608P2SB... but i have the 1608p right next to me.. broken.. without any reason so should i go with the pioneer? too small of a price difference to mater.. just a vote in favour of either one.. so pls help..