Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Thread: Project N0NAME

D'Oh

Default Re: Project N0NAME

(continued)

after connecting all the connections , it was time to put the mouse back together

well... what did i learn? clear is nice when no ill-reactions occur. you can turn a cheap piece of paper into something nice with some die and a steady hand. and blue leds are nice... a! and, like bondo, soldering too much makes you feel nice inside

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

Anodized

niceeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
    Proud to be a Pinoy Modder

D'Oh

mice modding got be fired up.. i can't stop so i'm doing it to my main mouse too... but this time.... no led change.. just some graphics.. i'm mostly done with it by now.. hope it will turn nice..

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

D'Oh

1.) ..it did.. have lots of pics too... but they are stuck! ~!@^@ %$ $#|& ! my phone likes them too much i guess.. i'll edit this post after/if i can trick it letting them go..

2.) ok, got them.. man i'm happy

mouse taken apart

started wet sanding..

..took more than an hour..

..but when done.. it was black

..i was thinking how to fill the black.. and wrote some runes.. with black too..something about courage and stuff.. this is a gaming mouse

..more runes

..and more..

..not much to be seen without light..

..but with light..

..with a coat of clear. first one.. this happened about..oh.. a week ago

ok, what's nicer is to come.. at first, this is all i wanted to do to the defence-less mouse.. but after i got some cash... <evil look> muhahhaaa
    ..to continue.. gtg drknng

D'Oh

mouse mod continued..

mouse innerds dismantled further.. plsu i bought some blue leds..

these were 5 in the start.. here you can see just 4 :) guess where one went..

it replaced this red one :)

mouse board ready for surgery

my tools..

and the replacement led soldered.. i really need to be more carefull when removing the originals, 'cause i keep breaking the traces and have to make 'em back..

blue led works... yey!

but! as i was afraid.. i lost the ability to track over black surfaces.. great, now i won't use my mat anymore... :( still, no speed was lost on textured surfaces.. blue is just like red :)

next comes this... u know what this is:)

tada.. 40mm fan :)

not the right size tho.. so dremel comes out and...

oops :D this will surelly fit in the mouse :)

..after some cuts... i cut slowly, piece by piece... but in the end.. i cut everything out :))

fan test fitted...

and again.. the bigger picture.. mouse "more" assembled..

glueing the fan was tricky.. superglue wouldn't stick at all on these plastics... so i used paper on each side of the bond.. after making the layers like these.. the fan was stuck! in a good way

..now i had some trouble inspiring me.. so i played around with the mouse wheel.. and came up with this..

..painted the fan white and cleared it :) it won't really be seen, but the blue light inside and the white of the fan.. if i were inside the mouse, i would like this better ;)

i superglued the wires so as not to accidentally bump in the blades..

fan running.. i tested the fan after each step.. 'cause it's beeter to know in time if you mess it up... than to find out in the end and go bananas...

i marked the area that would be used as the exhaust..

and roughly cut it..

same with the intake..

then i soldered a switch to turn the fan off.. when not needed or when pc is off.. the usb's 5V works even after u shut down the pc, so a switch is a must :)

then i soldered the two halfs of the mouse.. you can see some red and black wires in the upper part and some green and white in the lower.. i super-glued almost all the loose wires, except for the soldered parts.. so i can open up the mouse if needed :)

{image limit...}

D'Oh

..continued

glueing the wires was tricky.. the green and white were soldered on the bottom and went around the edge to the top.. so i used 2 screw drivers to clap everything for a while.. fingers and super-glue=baaad

ok... well.. after everything was in place came the tedious task of fitting the things together... i don't like this mouse for that part.. it was cramped enough at first.. as i did after buying the mouse, i tucked the main wire under the board, in the left side... and put a piece of folded paper under the right-mouse-button to even the board and make clicking easier :)

it took me an hour or so to put things back.. and after all was said....err... done:

and my two mice side by side:)

Rankenphile

very nice, thanks for sharing the process with so much detail.

D'Oh

no, thank u Rankenphile 4 reading

well, as i stroll to the intricate world of linear algebra (as an appetizer for next month).. i reallllllllllllllllly got board.. so i looked tru my stuff and founs some mod-worthy stuff: the old HSF of my current vidcard.. (for my records, i wanna change it and am now looking at buying either a x1800gto from HIS or a x850 pro or similar.. problem is i need a new rig for the x1800.. or a new psu for the x850.. they have similar price and performance and will probably take 2 months to get the cash for either.. what do you people think?)

long time ago, i painted the fan white: coat of white + coat of clear.. again, the stupid clear had some weird effects on the paint: it "melt" it in some places, showing the bare plastic.. but in an artistic way.. so i kept it this way

..fan with weird dis-whitening.. fan spinning up.. 5V mod..

old HS.. no fan

..not very efficient in my opinion, but it did the job "quietly".. so to say..

this is what i'll be playing with.. i was flirting with the idea for about a month or so, but for something else.. so the practice is good..

silly sticker removed and casing washed.. took forever.. darn glue..

see this mess? well, here are the 8+3 bolts i need to assembly the HSF..

a few minutes later..

after that, no more mess.. bolts are put in a drawer, waiting for their moment

(put mod aside and did more maths.. or did i?)..i like flames.. so why not make black flames on a white background i used a cd-marker and draw some.. then some clear to protect them.. then white.. then clear

the result ok, my bad.. a white photo with a white plastic thingy..

..there.. almost done..

more flames

assembled and working at 5v

there.. another thing that won't be accepted in case my video board gets burnt (if they find out about the bios settings) and i have to replace it

ATX Mental Case

Hey I noticed you use 3ds max. I really want to do that kind of stuff be the free version gmax sucks and I can't render my scenes! I was wondering what version you used.(the 3,400 dollars is a little out of my reach for number 8 :p )

D'Oh

..."number 8" i got it from my university (with some other soft/CADs too.. they all amount to.. a nice car), i'm a student.. i can use it, but not commercially it's just for learning .. and it's not my license. but if i had 3.5k$ (err...) i would gladly pay it. basicly, i used 3dsmax 3 tru 8,m not counting some patches.. they are all nice, and the differences can be overcome with imagination (and possibly free plug-ins).

i've also tried blender (hard to adjust for me) and maya (free learning edition-- says so on all renderings ) and google's sketchup (easy to work with, i admit.. but again, a tad different than what i was used to), but i'll stick to max.. until i'll be faced with buying it and if i wont be able to do so.. than i'll probably go back to blender...