Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Project N0NAME

D'Oh

Default Re: Project N0NAME

... i'm growing very impatient... so i'm gonna start doing the 120mm fan shroud/mount so that i'll have a "standard" module to install in any future case i may want..

also, i've "tested" the new aluminum sheet and found out it's cutable with a big pair of scisors.. so i experimented and made a small "skirt" to better aid air flow for an old speeze raptor cooler i had a long time ago. i'm kinda happy..like all people are when they don't f*** up sthg

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

D'Oh

... today i bought a heater core. it's big.. not your average single 120, yet not a double 120. i'm thinking of a shroud and two 120mm in push-pull, running silent but steady. also, i stripped an old atx case i had to get the back plate and the drive mounts out. i'll need those to make aluminum replacements... yes, that will be the second mod... after i finish with this case, i'll do a fully custom one. just waiting for tools... and ideas... and parts...

the heater core is 190x160x50mm, not counting the pipes and turns. it's a louvered-fin design, copper and brass... a bit heavy, 3 pounds+ ... cost me 3 bucks... it's dirty, it smells weird (noxious) and it's copperish in color... sooo... it needs refurbishing. but it works perfectly... next! need a pump.

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

D'Oh

...another text update... i hope i'll get a cam soon... i bought aluminum rivets for the duct. i made it from one piece of 1mm aluminum sheet, bended and cut in shape, but it needs extra strength... so, rivets! these babies cost me less than 35 cents from an auto shop and i got 40 of them... they are the kind you don't need a rivetgun to work with... that's good, 'cause i don't have one (yet)... darn, i hate not posting pics...

D'Oh

hello to all of you

i got a cam phone... bad quality, but it suits the job... don't need 5mp for progress pics, do i?!

aaaanyways... i moved in a dorm, i'm college material and every night is fun fun! ... i spent some time without my pc... cause basically i couldn't carry my pc, screen, pheripherals and amp and speakers... two whole weeks with a non-modded pc...

so, because some shipping was involved, a few plastic bits broke off from the amp... and the mouse got a make-over.. some nasty scratches... bleah.. so i redesigned it

here are some pics

(roght now i'm srinkin some coooold beer.. something i never did at home... 100 miles away )

..some side effect really got my attention.. i was going for flames.. but silverish flames.. but i kinda scoured to much and got to the translucid plastic.. so my flames glow!!!

..the mouse isn't cleaned with nail-polish remover yet.. cause it's home or a few hundred feet away.. and i'm lazy now

more to come soon... i have some cash and i'm thinking of upgrading

D'Oh

happy day got an upgrade... considering that now i'm a student on budget, i got a very very cheap one.. an epox EP-8RDA3I, nforce2 ultra 400... works really nice.. i'm looking for something to get me money for another stick of ram (aiming for the oh so common today gig of ram)... and thinking to buy another case.. for more tweaking.. with more potential! this case is already f**ked up..so... i'll update later

D'Oh

time for a massive update.. as u all know, it's winter here in the northern hemishpere... sooo, what crazy thoughts went to my head just an hour ago??? YES! Super cooling... wouldn't it mbe nice to have a below 30 degrees centigrade in a room with 26-28? well, i almost have.. i bought an aluminum flexible pipe, mounted it on the cooler and voila... almost done.. still have to drill a hole in the back for the duct and make a hole through my window..and maybe add a fan at the outside? don't know.. suggestions are welcomed pics coming in a few minutes super cooling rocks.. and it cost me 5 bucks!!!

D'Oh

And here are some pics.. as usual pls excuse the poor quality.. camera phone.. all i have.. so, on to the pics

burnt lil' mf*er... cooler just popped.. while i was putting more ram in i wont repeat that... soon..

..this is the ol' mobo.. kt266.. now staying on top of my bed.. nailed to the wall..

this is how it use to look.. when it worked..

..this is how it still looks.. outside...

..this is air cooling! extreme!.. but i'll go even more extreme...

..and of course.. the temperatures...

..normal..right?.. still going down...

..going lower..

... and this with a 10 feet long tube...

D'Oh

this is so cool... i mean the weather.. it's almost mid day.. and its below 0... unfortunatellly, if i do open the window now, my legs will start to freeze.. in the room i am in now there are about (under) 30 degrees... i'm still curious.. the cpu is an amd xp 1700+, but because of the nice board i have it's now a 1900+, without modyfing the FSB.. or the voltage.. just the multiplier.. and even without the cool air from the outside, the temp is now 40 degrees centigrade, at full ussage... about 17 lower then before the duct... of course, last night i reached a very nice temp of 24 ambient and 28 cpu...
    if there are any hazards i am making myself vulnarable to, pls tell me.. i'd rather find out without paying...

D'Oh

... as bored as i am from not going to school (i slept late... way too late.. i love dorm rooms...), i took more screenshots.. it's pretty amazing what u can do with a piece of aluminum foil.. wow... this beats water cooling ('till i find that water condenses inside,of course.. i'm still waiting.. maybe it will just freeze.. :p)

..and now.. more pics..

Try giving it more power and should get a high over clock...

I have a AMD 64 3700+ San Diego...
    Stock Speed: 2.2ghz
    Stabile OC: 2.87ghz
    Suicide OC: 2.91ghz

And that is on air...

When I plug my WC setup to it, I plan on hitting 3.0ghz and higher...