Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132

Thread: Project N0NAME

D'Oh

Default Re: Project N0NAME

Been some time and I think an update is due. I've been and will be busy, but sometimes I say F it all and get back to old modding. Since I updated the tensa thread, I thought I should do something here too

my case being emptied, cut and prepped for evolving, I started putting pieces together.

marking spaces..

doing some cuts..

pondering and mocking..

this is the most important problem I have: the dang PSU is too big and those darn cables be huuuge!!

I tested the adhesive and I'm happy with it. If it will be needed, it's gonna hold.

system was assembled, but not completely, to move some stuff from one hard drive to another... this is how n0name stands now.. again

second take with the sheet metal. This time, I used my head and made a piece ten times stronger than the first. In the final version, this piece will be hidden deep inside the front face panel system. And I plan on using lots more sheet metal, so I need some experience.I've seen a nice mod with sheet metal, bondo and paint somewhere.. One thing I'm not so sure about now is the mesh.. There isn't any now, but I wanted some.. some time ago..

basically, I cut the holes but leave extra. Then I fold the extra.. one or two times. Gives strength.. and I respected the tolerances

in the big hole down stairs, I'm planning to add a dvd-rw and the vortex, maybe equipped with a 10k rpm drive.

fan mocking. I'm thinking I'll go for either some Yate Loon fans or some AC ones..

some more minor work on those darn flames.. taking too long. Can't do more than a few centimeters in 2 or 3 hour sessions. My fault completely, I never thought cutting this steel would be that hard.. or noisy

Well, see ya all later. Mod on.

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Yay progress, the fans look great, fantastic work.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

D'Oh

Default Screen progress

Hi everybody,
    I've been spending some quality time with my teachers at the University.. mostly because I haven't relocated my main PC there I'll do that.. but before that time comes, I'll have to do some stuff to this case here

I have some new ideas and am contemplating changing my motherboard or buying a new system.. and have a mod around that. My new goal is to make PCs smaller, so they can fit in 1U and 2U spaces.. I have a nice dream that is gonna need some practice first.

Haven't done much anything, let alone mod, but I did buy something no modder should go without: a small LCD screen that can be front mounted on the PC case

Pic:

this is it. My temporary room, where I am not allowed many things.. I'll have to live here and mod when I come home to visit.. or be sneeeaky The screen is a car TV set, with 2 A/V inputs and lots of controls and tweaks.. Picture isn't all that great, but I payed only about 125$ for it and it has good reception When I connect the S-video cable, like in the pic, the only down-side is that the text has to be magnified to be visible.

(random notepad document.. silent hill 2 walk through part.. I wasn't playing, just watching my screen )

like here.. I'm not sure about the native resolution of the display, cause it wasn't specified.. but it can take wide resolutions and I'm thinking of mounting it vertically. There is an idea in my head: the unit is about 13cm x 19.5cm. The screen is about 17cm x 9 cm. So, if I hack it up I can get the screen in close to 2U, in a 10cm thick case. My plan: if I ever get enough money, I'll build 8 of these systems and make my own mini-render-farm all dreams of course.. at my current get rich scheme, I can build 1 PC per year.. and that is a lowishly end PC..

More to come later today Gonna watch some anime first, then sleep on my "battle-plan"..

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Cool screen mate, and is that a jar of marshmallow and chocolate spread I see lol.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

I'm loving those blue flames, nice effect. I was totally wondering how easy it would be to add a tiny screen station on my desktop for media center controls, props for the inspiration!

Jon

D'Oh

well, thank you and that reminds me..
    I must apologize to everyone here for my lack of activity lately. I'm trying to keep up with all my classes, cause they are all very important. I'm sleeping like 4 hours a night and I have 12 hours of classes, labs and projects... per day. so I'm kinda sorry and wish I had a split personality to take care of everything.

About the screen, I always liked the mods involving displays It could be quite useful, but if you don't know the native resolution of the display.. graphics can look blurry and bad. Only at the right resolution can you have a crisp image.. well, this is what I've learned in my short time working with this small non-PC display
    Funny stuff: I opened the thing and poked around the insides. To my amazement, some parts inside were branded foxconn I have some pics, but it is late now and I have classes in the morning
    I'm planning some major work.. just planning.. that will probably mean the end of this project, as it will probably be final. With a logo, a functional system and non-changing specs.. and a final case. I have some stuff I need to buy/change first though.. I'm thinking another mobo (mATX, to make more room), maybe a black edition cpu, more ram, a 8800gt, all watercooled. A second PSU for some TECs, an XBOX waterblock, a huge hunk of aluminum to use as a radiator for the TECs.. all in all, I wanna use a water cooling rig with cooled coolant
    Right now, I'm in desperate need of a bigger hard drive.. So I'm eye-ing a half a gig drive. Seems to be in the right spot now price wise.
    Till next time..