Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Project N0NAME

D'Oh

Default Re: Project N0NAME

...i'm so bored i did some more shopping...

..this is for the mobo psu connector and the p4 aux.. should hide em fairly well... 3 ft to be sure i can screw it up

..and this is for the normal cables, which will bring power to the hdd, floppy and dvd.. 10ft should suffice..

..i now need some heatshrink and a nice boring advanced maths course to get my mind going

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

D'Oh

well, another mod completed.. i have pics too... i replaced fan cables with the nice copperish clear speaker cable, soldered the 3,5 mm jacks, had no heatshrink unfortunatelly... ah, i learned how to solder and it feels do soo good.. if it weren't for my finger tips... which now have aquaired blisters )

i also sleeved the psu with split wire loom, ditched the floopy connectors and the floppy itself.. deactivated everything 'old' on the mobo...

a hole was cut in the front by a friend during my electrical tinkering.. and now ... i have a 12cm aluminum fan blowing air inside...

i moved the harddrive cage up a notch and cut sone metal to allow more airflow...

aah... no pics cause i dropped my ******* hdd on the floor and now i have to buy another... it makes funny banging noises.. bet the read head is busted.. or missaligned.. if anyone knows a cheap way to get my data back, pls do tell.. but a DIY way would be perfect.. i have tons of pictures and souurce code i need back...

pics will come soon, i have cash and i will not stay too long without a hdd...

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

Quote Originally Posted by dgrmkr
    aah... no pics cause i dropped my ******* hdd on the floor and now i have to buy another... it makes funny banging noises..
    I remember when that was the recommended procedure for fixing Seagate drives. HAHAHA

D'Oh

i forgot..first i dropped it on my friend <heck>, then it hit the floor.. man, his back is still soar, but not as much as my wallet will be on monday :p

D'Oh

...today was monday..i bought a western digital 200 gig hdd, and it left me almost broke for the coming 3 weeks.. so, everything's peachy right now i'll post pics in a couple of minutes

D'Oh

time 4 the pics:
    (still sorry for the crappy quality, but i'm on a budget..)

this is my work area.. i live here.. everything was dismantled for the modding process..

this is the (old)hdd... fans showing

this is the new nice chromy connection...and the speaker wire..clear sillicon..

my soon-i-hope-to-replace 5200fx with my mods... and the new connection.

just a bunch of connectors, for 6 fans

my 6 channel fan controller, 1 switch and 1 3pin header for fun

..this is the connector for the power input one molex 4 all...

this is the new fan intake.. 120mm vs the old 80mm

and this is how it looks now (ignore the tape..it's not completed yet..painting still to come ) much more space for air to move...still going to stealth more things

the connectors..close-up

the front fan

the inner 120mm fan, hidden behind the bays...

..the (new)cables after cutting them.. mmm.. looks like food

a nice overclock..not stable yet.. didn't increase the voltage.. i'll get to it..

..this is how it looks now(5min ago)..

this is what annoys me.. couldn't find any heatshrink.. i used tape.. 4 box packaging.. will change it as soon as i find heatshrink(preferably white)

..today i bought this..it sucks, but i get very cheap.. i just need the plastic part

must fit that into this mess... the other one is not 4 my case...

more to come soon...

Rankenphile

So far so good. Keep it up.

And nice blanket. :p

very nice cable management. Looking forward to what you cook up

D'Oh

ok..thank u rankenphile .. i couldn't sleep last night.. why? because of the reason why my cpu went up to 63 degrees centigrade.. it hit me.. i couldn't sleep cause it was dang hot.. 32 degrees ambient.. my my.. that's hot.. need to redo the tube thingy, but in a more legant way.. this is only temporary.. seeing how i manage to cope with expenses this month, next year i could buy something that was more or less a dream till now.. a watercooling kit.. unfortunatelly, the only available one in my range of prices is the big water from Tt... if i do buy that one, i will defenetly add my own rad to the loop, change the hoses and the pump...eventually..till then, more tweaking.. less bucks spent.. now i got to go to college.. then i'll sleep some more.. bye

D'Oh

...no money, some left over tools... and matrerials..

So, i'm remodelling my "face"...

..i sanded almost all the red paint and got very rugged texture to put the bondo over.. i still have to sand some parts.. but i'm not sure.. it's very uniform and it looks bondo-able over.. i'm nt sure... if i mess it up, i'll redo it..

now i'll wait a few hours (it looks hard, but i have to sleep, got calsses in the morning) and then sand and add another layer of material, till i get a smooth curve instead of the broken rectangle pattern i had before..

as seen in the picture, i'm losing the front leds and the restart button.. i dont use it much, so heck with it and i'm thinking of filling the floppy area.. plus, i'll add 2 bay covers to the contraption.. tomorrow(friday).. after i'm happy with some shapes..