Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Project N0NAME

D'Oh

Default Re: Project N0NAME

...second layer of bondo..everything is going ok.. mixture is just right..takes a few hours to become plastic.. but! my head hurts like hell!!! those are very strong fumes.. basicly, that's the only thing that keeps me from finishing this ) the smell! i think i'll go outside from now on, but it's frezing cold there... dillema..

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

High-tech Redneck crazybillybob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dgrmkr
    but! my head hurts like hell!!! those are very strong fumes..

DG,

You should never use bondo inside with out a Respirator, one of the reasons your head hurts is that the fumes are killing off brain cells ONLY use it out side in a well ventilated area, and leave it out side till it's dry (the bondo out gases the whole time it's curing!) Those fumes are very, very bad for you and if you have pets they can be fatal to them (your bigger it takes more fumes to make you sick, they're little can it doesn't take much to knock them off!! )

Be safe read and follow the labels on all the products you use when modding!!

Crazybillybob (I maybe crazy but I'm safe and crazy!!! )

D'Oh

10ks Crazybillybob..
    i know i'm gonna sound like a junkey, but i kinda knew about the side effects (from the forums), but because the label doesn't say anything.. well.. at least i did let it cure outside and no animals were harmed
    to be on the safe side, i will add the further layers in open space.. till then, i'll just glue some stuff.. that shouldn't knock me out (although there will be beer involved hihi)

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

lol, i can see the headlines now
    "Man OD's on Bondo fumes, Modding takes another life!"

D'Oh

hello there dear modders and a happy new year to all of you

after the wonderful holidays, i got some money... and spent it here are some pics that say everything

something to silence the V12 beast... And my cpu heating..

although the base sucks... i will polish it if it is necessary..

bought a new hi-flow fan... it's rated at 96cfm and is silent enough...

..i did wonder if all the reviews were true. these tiny copper pipes.. amazing looking.. so fragile..

..i did have some thinking to do when i installed the beast..

it was a very tight fit.. unfortunatelly, it would have so swell if the company who made this (no ads here) would have thought of universal-universal mounting.. i mean, i cant make a wind tunnel this way... the fins should be orientated in another way, right? still, it works..

u can see that the cables aren't routed yet.. i'm too tired now and i have an exam in the morning.. but from the last picture you can see i had to bend the pipes to fit the psu in the box.. no harm done.. it is not that fragile as it looked..

...this is with 20 degrees, but with 30, as is the room temp when the window is not opened, the temp goes to 44.. that is 20 degrees less... in the worst case.. the old v12 just couldnt cope with a 30 degree ambient(room temp, not case temp)... no problem, i'm happy...

on another note, i still havent finished the front face modd.. i do know that i made some more mods and rearrengements.. and the place where the v12 contoller was will be filled with a switch and 3 controlers for the case fans...

..a typical switch, very nice... i got this as a gift from a good friend (which i'd like to thank here too) and i will install it in the CCFL circuitry.

this is not a new processor, it is just the old, running as stable as a 486 with no windows installed :p... i may take it higher.. but i don't want to break anything, right?

i think i'll save watercooling for later, maybe for a really custom case.. aluminum bought and cut.. DIY from the beginning to the end.. but this way, if a fan still blows, the heatsink will work.. no moving parts, bolted to the mobo.. no danger...

IMO, this cooler is really coooool

D'Oh

yey... i bought an audigy 7.1... nice.. the sound is so much better.. and it will be another nice thing to show through the window (when done). plus, my amp doesnt need to work that hard for higher output levels.. which means i can go really loud maybe the police will come again

4 facelift: i need some more bondo to get the job right and i can't seem to find the time between exams.. and the money .. spending so much on my rig has drained my funds.. good thing to have parents around...

D'Oh

the modding contest set by TGS inspired me to modd my keyboard.. i've done some research and found lots of light modds, so i did (start) one of my own. I have a spare CCFL, blue, which i can't seem to find a spot in my case for now... so, combined with a new keyboard i bought... i got a lil modding going on, with some problems... i'm downloading the pics from my phone and uploading them now.. so..

D'Oh

The light

The victim

On the operating table(bed)

The Guts

Lots of nice keys... and very shine plastic.. i'm thinking whether to **** it or not

Test fit, after cutting a few pieces from inside the back part...

If opened, why not change the leds too? I like blue

I made some holes in the back part,in the exterior and exterior part, kinda like a car radiator(?)... Just toyed with the idea... I do want to use some bondo on this kb and make it an alien or monster modd...

I'm not sure, but it seems like i need to "fill" some "grooves".. that is, i want a nice glow under the bk, and around it... plus, i would like to change the
    appearence completely... i like meka more than xeno, but i'm not sure this time... i'll sleep on it.. just need good inspiration, and lots of it

BTW, i'm very short on money for a few days, so no progress on shaping the front of the case or the kb... but i do think i'll try similar techniques, just for them to "match"

From what I can tell from the pictures, It looks good. I'd try to get a friend with a good camera

D'Oh

..like most mods, it's not done yet.. i think i'll aim my global desgin to a model i've seen in several movies, like underworld or venom.. it's blue/black rotten mutated hard-grown skin .. if my tries work, i'll use it .. then, hi-res pics