Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Project N0NAME

Default Re: Project N0NAME

Looks good, but i was looking at your electrical circuit-is it plugged into a Molex? If so i think you might have your electrical inputs mixed up. If you're using another power source, like from the Mobo, then it's allright, but the molex provides a 12v and a 5v and 2 ground, unless i'm mistaken. Which won't cause a lot of trouble, i don't think.

If i'm wrong, please correct me-cos i need to know!

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

D'Oh

oh.. i'm not sure at which pic you were looking at... but i do have a home-made molex which splits current to 6 fan channels.. it uses the +12 and -12... i'll use it only till i finish my controller..
    But i'm using this molex-splitter and everythings works fine.. no instabilities, i'm working 24/7 with an overclocked cpu.. all fans work.. i see no pb.. (still, i think i need to make something clear, mostly because some friends of mine don't know.. after reviewing a few psu schematics it dawned on me that it really doesn't matter that much if u plug 1 or 6 things in one molex (if u don't draw more than the supported power, that is), because inside most PSUs the 12v is paralleled - split to all molexes.. so if u just use a splitter and take care of the total draw, with the right wires going to the right wires , u may connect all devices in parallel.. works for older psus best, cause they use only one 12v rail. on atx2 the draw must be limited to the safe 15A... well, guess i'm just rambling )

i'm not sure if i've answered your question... did i?

and my bed does have flowers.. my mother gave me those sheets.. :| but they are not pink... they are orange with red...err.. and pink... well, i've never really noticed this before...

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

D'Oh

a bit more progress has been achieved..
    i've built the exhaust part.. it needs a lil more shaping.. and i need more bondo unfortunatelly, it's a wonderful night outside and i think i have to go out "nature calls"

exhaust hole cut, very baaaad

but it does work well for a fan ouside the box..

idea! build a small enlosure-like thingy for the fan... so that the destroyed metal can't be seen.. so i taped the fan..

(inside PC) i bondoed around and marked what area i must remove

(outside PC) bondoed around the fan and filled the nasty holes...

a bit rugged but there is room for improvement... i left it on purpose..

the psu cover is almost done.. i have to wet sand it before a final black layer...

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

D'Oh

more work on the exhaust.. before i can primer the case, i have to make the plastic structure i made perfect(or at least better)...

the hole is round, but not circle-like, so some special attention is put here...

slowly i'm builind a round rim around the edge of the cut.. the cd makes it round and piece by piece, gram by gram .. the shape is shaping

this is a pic of my working pc lots of 10ks go to a friend with a camera (so good that you can see the dust on the HS )

lookin good. however I would recommend getting a beter respirator, and using bondo outside. Bondo not only smells, but can cause brain damage as well, best not to take any chances.

D'Oh

10ks.. i know that.. and all i can do is open the door and windows.. Q: what kind of respirator should i get? (This one was very cheap and came by the dozen.. but i did notice some odour passing tru, although when i did take the mask of..maaan was there a cloud of fumes so it works well protecting my higher brain functions )

D'Oh

well... almost done with this stage of modding.. (my case will never be finished). I have more pics too, plus something "funny" relsted to painting...

started primering the case

a layer after...

..no comment, just 3 layers later

..this is where i painted.. no more fumes

D'Oh

completed psu cover, just needed a coat of clear...

case after black painting... can died on me at 90% of the case done.. arrrg

funny reflections anyway..

...i could call it done, but neah.. i'll buy more paint.

case covered with clear... but wait, theres more!

D'Oh

wonderfull thing happened!!!
    F*** sh**, the paint reacted with the clear coat.. and i bought all paints from the same manufacturer!!! AAAAA! still, the clear doesnt reactwith the primer and it looks so good on bare metal.. shiny!

test fit.. black grills and black paint

..i got a lil pissed...

u can see the psu getting closer...

D'Oh

... yess, i burnt it..i got a funny texture to it.. the paint would peel off in a new fashion, i never saw before.. and it was very flammable.. i set it on fire to "accelerate" the decaying process.. no problem: i'll sand and paint.. again :|

i forgot, i bought 2x80mm blue led fans, i'll buy 2 more cause they are pretty nice:

as can be seen, i did the "test drive" before painting...

i also made this dremel-attachement it makes a lot of wind... i used it to dry the case after degreasing

but, i had to take this pic.. my finger hurts like hell and i had to play basketball today... and my first instinct was to find my phone and take this pic instead of getting a band-aid : ) )

pic is blurry, but considering the wound was made at near max speed, i got 2 cuts about half an inch long.. and i was dirty... now i'll have lil' pets growing in my finger aanyways, modding is a pleasurable activity

after classes today, i hope i'll finish the paint job of the case.. front panel has to wait.. i'm running out of money and i'll probably have to borrow some to get home

Question: I have an old agp mobo, no money to upgrade to an amd64 (which i prefer over the competition), so i was looking at different video cards.. i have a trusty but old fx5200/128b/128MB... and i'm looking either at a Asus 6600(agp, lower freq, no gt.. budget concious) or a Saphire(500/800ddr2 i think) or Daytona x1600pro(450core and 256MB DDR3@1000)... price is very important, but so is performance.. any suggestions?.. i have to buy a psu first (thermaltake it is, 420 - 470w range, depending on what i can find), so only in 2 months can i buy the video card... till then much can change.. but still i want some more info.. the agp x1000s dont have much info on the net.. no reviews or personal opinions.. help pls...