Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powering rig for the first time

Default Re: Powering rig for the first time

try to pull the video card too then. If it still happens, the cpu might be the issue...

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

I subscribed to this thread. BigJohnson's Avatar

Thanks Luke. It was the video card. I left for dinner. I just said 'F@#& IT'. But when I came back I reseated everything and pulled out the second hard drive. And when I put everything back in it fired up right away. But when I put the second HD in it crashed. So I tried cleaning it up and it still crashed. So I just delivered without the second drive and told him it was dead. Everything worked out great. Thanks to everyone for their help.

some custom title eh Cannibal23's Avatar

glad this worked out dude. as per my post on the last page. if your having posting issues unplug everything you can and narrow it down untill you have the issue isolated. you can use this pretty much any time you have posting issues. some beep codes you will just get to know over time though.
    - The stone knows not why the chistle cleves it
    - The steel knows not why the fire scorches it
    - When thy life is cleft and scorched
    - Curse not thine evil fate
    - Thank the builder for the trials that shape thee.

I came, I saw, I conquered killergamer's Avatar

The power of POST... LOL Glade you got it fixed. What you have for dinner?
    [Kayin] 7:38 pm: Actually, during a hostile takeover, Satan's left nut and all his crabs beat Satan at the board meeting (he didn't know that his crabs held stock)
    and so we're owned by a conglomerate of pubic lice and the left testicle of the Prince of the Powers of the Air.

I subscribed to this thread. BigJohnson's Avatar

Well the dinner was a wash. I didnt eat anything because my gf is a vegitarian and by the time I sat down with my plate it had turned out her family had tried to sneak meat into her meal so she spent dinner throwing up so I spent dinner thinking about how sexy my gf looks while throwing up.

Fresh Paint

Make sure you have reset the CMOS jumper back to the right pins, failure to do that will cause boot failure. Also, make sure that the power is fully connected to your motherboard (20 or 24 pin ATX, 4 Pin CPU Power, PCI-E if needed, CPU Fan, etc...) Also, try clearing CMOS again, make sure you put everything back. Also test the PSU you have with a motherboard because you may have a bad PSU. After that I would consult the manual for the motherboard, then call your motherboard manufacturing and get some advice for technical support. If all else fails you may have to RMA the motherboard. I hope you figure out what is going on, this happen to me before and I know how you feel. But I got it fixed by moving the Cable Select jumper from my HDD, to Master. I hope you get this figured out.
    Chris