Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Review: Logitech G9 Gaming Mouse

Default Re: Review: Logitech G9 Gaming Mouse

Thought I would add a few more comments as I just received my G9 yesterday and spent about 3 hours playing with it last night. I will touch on a few aspects of the mouse that surprised me. Take in to consideration that I'm a competetive CS:S Junky. CAL, CEVO, ESEA.

Weight System - I've always liked a heavier mouse---one of the top reasons I ordered this particular mouse. I loaded it down with four of the 7g weights, threw the cover on it and went to town. The thing is HEAVY or it can be very light...or anywhere in the middle. Please, in your consideration for purchasing, understand that you can tailor this thing to the exact weight you desire. I doubt there will be a person that says, "It's not light enough" or "I can't get it heavy enough"

Wide Design - If you're a player that uses low sensitivity and picks up your mouse alot, you may have trouble adjusting. The wide base offers a good feel, but rather chunky and uncomfortable to pick up and scoot. Also, if you are a "scooter" that normally just picks up one edge and moves the mouse, dragging the other side, to relocate without registering any movement on screen, you have to relearn your habbits. The wide grip makes it difficult to "tip" the mouse up to drag it. Same concept as a wider based vehicle being hard to flip over.

Scroll Wheel - I've seen free spinning mouse wheels, but never like this. When you disengage the click mechanism the mouse really does spin freely and has a great momentum. If you give it a good spin it will remain in quick motion for aproximately 10-15 seconds. If you bind your mousewheel to make something easy for you (like bunny hopping in CS)...this thing is amazing. I can bunny hop like a maniac with it.

Precision - That's all I'm going to say. I noticed an immediate difference between this mouse and my MX518.

Overall, I enjoy what I see so far. It will take some adjusting to find the sweet spot for this mouse with such a great increase in precision, but remains a good move if you're a gamer. Buy from an online store to save about $20.00.

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cjtaylor0103 View Post
    Weight System - I've always liked a heavier mouse---one of the top reasons I ordered this particular mouse. I loaded it down with four of the 7g weights, threw the cover on it and went to town. The thing is HEAVY or it can be very light...or anywhere in the middle. Please, in your consideration for purchasing, understand that you can tailor this thing to the exact weight you desire. I doubt there will be a person that says, "It's not light enough" or "I can't get it heavy enough"
    I agree with your whole review except for this. I gotta say I was kind of unimpressed with the weight system. I suppose if it works for your then it's done its job, but I'm kinda picky. I updated my main posts and went into further detail.

-Indybird

Updated review with a new problem I've been having.

-Indybird

Updated review with Logitech's fast and painless fix for problem #2.

-Indybird

Logitech has released their new ID grip for the G9!

In addition to being customizable to a picture you upload, it has a deeper, more palm focused grip to cater to all the gamers who were disappointed by its shortness.

Heres the link.

Enjoy,
    Indybird

One hell of a detailed and thorough review. +Rep
    Looks like a really nice mouse. I think, I would probably customize my own,
    but its cool that you do have the option to order a personalized grip.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Default Re: runescape shop

Quote Originally Posted by wecaoniddmab891 View Post
    how can i make runescape money fast??
    If you're looking for runescape money, you're in the wrong place.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Indybird View Post
    Logitech has released their new ID grip for the G9!

In addition to being customizable to a picture you upload, it has a deeper, more palm focused grip to cater to all the gamers who were disappointed by its shortness.

Heres the link.

Enjoy,
    Indybird
    I got it on Saturday, and have posted a review over here!