Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardware for Humanity by Gruntville and TBCS

ATX Mental Case

Default Hardware for Humanity by Gruntville and TBCS - 11/11 Winners Announced!

All week we have been inundated with images of the devastation and horror that have been left in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. She came ashore and with a fury that has not been seen in a very long time, at least since hurricane records have been kept. Hundreds of thousands, perhaps even millions, have been displaced from their homes. Many of them don’t even have a home left to go back to. These people simply escaped with the clothes on their backs and perhaps a bag or two of belongings. They lost everything.

Thousands have died from the storm and the aftermath that has gripped the gulf coast region. Thousands more are still trapped in New Orleans trying to seek the simple things, food, water, and shelter. All of these are in short supply and the situation is going to get worse before it gets better.

Everyone who can read this is sitting in front of computer, either at home or work, which means they have more then the people of New Orleans, Biloxi, Mobile, and the other smaller towns and villages that were not only damaged, but wiped out. I have spent many days now being very upset about the whole situation and that fact that I feel helpless. Today I took action and decided that all money I make from selling my extra computer parts would go to the Red Cross. Dante from TBCS upped the ante by offering to raffle off a video card. Well, one thing led to another and here we are with the….

Hardware for Humanity
    brought to you by Gruntville.com and TheBestCaseScenario.com

Gruntville.com has teamed up with TBCS as well as several sponsors to do our part to help the victims of the worst natural disaster to hit the United States since the 1906 San Francisco earthquake by holding a fund raising raffle. We will raffle off 1 item a week until we have nothing left to raffle off. All proceeds will go to the American Red Cross Katrina Relief fund. Let’s show the world that the community of gamers and modders care about much more then our PC’s and games, that we care about our fellow man.

Rules:
    - All donations must be made via PayPal by either clicking the
    Donate link
    or sending it directly to rich@gruntville.com
    - Gruntville, TBCS, the sponsors, and donors of the items being raffled off will pay for shipping of items in the coninental United States (unless otherwise specified). International winners will need to cover the additional costs of shipping to them above what it would cost to ship inside the US.
    - While donations to the Red Cross are normally tax deductible, we have not figured out how to handle that when we are the middle-man, we are working on it. Until then please assume that you will not be able to provide proof of a charitable donation for the purchase of these raffle tickets.
    - Only 1 winner per household per 30 days. If the raffle lasts more then 1 month then people will be eligible to win again.
    - Ticket Prices are $5 per ticket. If you donate over $20 at one time you will get 1 bonus ticket for every $20 you donate. For example, if you donate $20 you get 5 tickets, $40 gets you 10, and so on.
    - When you make a donation please send an email to me, rich@gruntville.com, with your forum name if you do not want your real name posted on the forums.

We are trying to keep this simple. As you purchase tickets I will pull them from a roll and write your name on them and put them in a big container. Every Friday I will ask the Official Ticket Puller (my 4yr old son Dylan) to pull out a winner. The winner will be sent an email and their name posted on the GruntvillE and TBCS forums.

We are working on lining up some sponsors and other stuff to raffle off so we will have more information early next week. But rest assured, you can start buying tickets now.
    Last edited by Dante; 09-03-2005 at 01:29 PM.
    ================================================== =========
    "And when you kill a man you're a murderer. Kill many and you're a conqueror. Kill them all and you're a God." - Megadeth

Administrator

Default Re: Help for victims of Hurricane Katrina

Guys...all of us here at TBCS can vouch for Dick. He is a standup guy, as is all of the staff over at Gruntville. Please if you have the means... give a little to this worthy cause, these people really need our help.

Administrator

You know what... here is what TBCS is going to do. To help Dick out I am going to have a little contest to help raise money for the hurricane victims. ALL of the money collected from the contest will be given to Dick to give to the Red Cross.

Here is the deal...you can give any amount of a donation you wish, but donations that are $5 and over will be entered in a contest to win my
    GIGABYTE GV-N66T128D Geforce 6600GT 128MB 128-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card

I will also pay for the shipping within the US and Canada. Although if you wish to donate from ouside of those regions you are more than welcome to and we will see what can be worked out as far as shipping goes.

Just Paypal your donation to rich@gruntville.com with the message "TBCS Raffle". You can enter as many times as you like and you will get one entry into the contest for every $5 of your donation. So for example... $40 = 8 entries.

Ok everyone Malatory has kindly donated another prize for the contest so now we will also be giving away an Extreme Gamer Dual Red CCFL Light kit to one of folks that are kind enough to help out the hurricane victims.
    Last edited by Dante; 09-02-2005 at 05:57 PM.

Case Wizard

To help spread the word and not to try and duplicate everything else that is being done. I did link DickNervous post on Gruntville and this one here on Gideontech

Edit: Ps I will add something to my personal site later on today (Need to change the chipset fan 1st) to help out with 1-2 hits

I'll do what i can to help spread the word of the contest--This is such an important cause i can't begin to even describe what it means to so many people--You have all my support!
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

ATX Mental Case

*smiff*

You guys make me proud to be part of this community. Though I think I am going to have to get more organized

Okay, and I stole your idea for a raffle. If you want to do one big raffle between the two sites, just let me know.
    ================================================== =========
    "And when you kill a man you're a murderer. Kill many and you're a conqueror. Kill them all and you're a God." - Megadeth

Administrator

Absolutely...lets do it together dude. Makes no sense to do it any other way.

Administrator

UPDATE: We are now joining forces with Gruntville. Details are forth coming and an official announcement regarding the raffle will be made later tonight on both sites. So stay tuned because now we also have way cooler prizes than just my vid card.

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by Dante
    UPDATE: We are now joining forces with Gruntville. Details are forth coming and an official announcement regarding the raffle will be made later tonight on both sites. So stay tuned because now we also have way cooler prizes than just my vid card.
    BIG PIMPIN'

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Hardware for Humanity by Gruntville and TBCS

You know, if you joined with [h]ardocp you could call it [H]ardware for
    [H]umanity.