Thread: Fresher to Case Mod

Fresh Paint

Question Fresher to Case Mod

Hi Guys,
    I am not a newbie to building PC. But I am totally new to case mod. I am really excited about case mods and some of the great mods on this site. I would like trying my ideas on it too. But I dont have any experiance with rotary tools, saws or other tools . Throw me some light on where to start and how to get my hands wet. Thanks in advance for helping me.

Senthil..

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

Default Re: Fresher to Case Mod

Most people will suggest a window mod, preferably on a beige case you don't mind scrapping.

Do a quick search and you'll find the basic instructions on how-to and what you need.

Also a quick paint job is a good idea, as it is a base skill that you will almost always need as you work your way up the modding ladder.

Here are some tutorials to get you going,

Dremel tutorial

Painting tutorial, part 1, part 2

Window tutorial

Hope this helps,

-Joe

Another good resource to pick up is Paul "Crimson Sky" Caupello's book, The Maximum PC Guide to Extreme PC Mods". This is a great resource for n00bs like you and me, i think ive read it at least 5 or 6 times. It has great pics and a lot of good info. I suggest picking it up on amazon for cheap. Good luck with modding.

[Insert Clever Saying Here]