Thread: Cleaning a Logitech Revolution Mouse

Default Cleaning a Logitech Revolution Mouse

Anyone have a Revo mouse with a scroll wheel that has started getting sluggish and not scrolling like it did before? I was thinking of taking it apart but I think the screws are under the base pads and I don't know if peeling them off will jack it up. Any suggestions?
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Default Re: Cleaning a Logitech Revolution Mouse

not sure if it would work but maybe spray or drip some isopropyl alcohol at it from the top?

not sure if there is a lubed bearing in there, i assume so, but the alcohol should evap before it messes with it.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Well, that thought had crossed my mind except I used alcohol and cotton swabs to clean out my old trackball and it destroyed it (I have absolutely no idea why). So I'm kind of hesitant to shoot anything in there, I want to get to the exact location which would require opening the mouse up. Good thought though.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Funny mines doing the same thing, it just won't spin freely like it did originally, damn dust bunnies! I was thinking about taking the bottom pads off but after i did it to my old mouse and they never stayed back on i don't want to do it on a more expensive one.

EDIT:
    Please do not open your product to fix it or replace a part; opening your product voids your warranty. If you think your product might be defective and requires warranty replacement, I suggest that you contact customer support via phone for and you may refer to the Contact tab on top of our webpage. You may also refer to article 53 on this link here.
    That was a reply on the logitech forums by a employee... Some asked the same question, so if you open it you void warranty, but from looking at the link a sluggish scroll wheel is nothing to be replaced over...

Im thinking i migth be able to get a cocktail stick of some cotton wool down there and give it a clean... i doubt it though
    Last edited by Scotty; 12-28-2007 at 12:01 PM.

Please do not open your product to fix it or replace a part; opening your product voids your warranty. If you think your product might be defective and requires warranty replacement, I suggest that you contact customer support via phone for and you may refer to the Contact tab on top of our webpage. You may also refer to article 53 on this link here.
    Psh.. c'mon. Where's your modding spirit! That's what we do. Anyway, Jon, you should be able to take the feet off without any problems. The feet on my mouse stay attached ok. Worst case, is you put a very small dab of glue when you put them back on. Use something like elmers in case you have to take them back off again.

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

if it does mess them up some these might help

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...kate&x=20&y=27

I have a Revolution, this is how I clean the wheel:
    Move it from side to side, (left right), press it a bunch of times and scroll it. Do this for a while. Then get a can of dust remover spray (from Radio Shack), and spray it inside (with the long thin tube attached) and then the grip on the wheel. This will spin the wheel at extremely fast speed. Let it run for a bunch of seconds. Hope it helps.