Page 1 of 34 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolutionary

Default Evolutionary

This project is sponsored by:

www.freezinghardware.nl

www.sapphiretech.com

www.acryan.com

Hi guys. Some of you will remember me of the casemod AlumaxX.

I won the Dutch casemod championship with it. Today I will start with something new, not a casemod but a custom build case. Some people told me they thought it was easier to mod an existing case then to build one yourself. I think it is easier to build it yourself and to prove it I will start building one :naughty:

I found some sponsors for this project, so that's why I can already start a new project.

Bill Donnelly from Sapphire gave me a very nice white motherboard

Thanks Bill :thumb: :thumb:

Alex Chen from A.C. Ryan send me a huge box with casemod materials :jawdrop:

Thanks Alex Chen from A.C. Ryan :clap: :clap: :clap:

Powersupply was a price at the Dutch casemod championship

Also think about using a PSone screen. It is not an original thing to do but it still is something that looks very cool. The screen itself is nothing special anymore, but the way I want to use it will be :naughty: :naughty:

I will use alumium profiles (25mm x 25mm.) to build a skeleton for the case.

and these profiles will be attached to each other with this sort of things ( don't know what the english name is )

The aluminium skeleton/ frame will look something like this

The aluminium has arrived today, so that's why I start this worklog today. I ordered the aluminium one month ago, so I had more then enough time to work the plans out. Started thinking and sketching three months ago.

My trip to Australia last summer gave me some inspiration. In Sydney I saw the Opera House and I think everyone knows what it looks like. This is what the outtakes on top of the case will look like.

It's a sideview and a topview. What is my goal for this mod?
    First of all I want to spend much time on all the details. I'm going to watercool the videocard(s) and the CPU. The radiator will be mounted inside the case, but the airflow will be seperated from the airflow within the case. The motherboard and videocard will be in a seperated compartment from the powersupply and the harddisks. The cooling will be very important in this mod, more important than silence. I think I will not use the small bore stuff from Aquacomputer this time. Everything will be controlled with an Aquacomputer Aquaero

The colors I will use are black ( lots of it) white, grey and a touch of orange.

Started with the frame. First I had to saw the aluminium profiles to the needed sizes. Just like in the previous mod I will use a lot of handtools.

The first step is to saw the profiles for the horizontal layers of the frame and connect the pieces with these parts. These things can be pushed into the aluminium profiles. Very easy and it looks clean, no parts or screws sticking out.

At the bottom of the photograph from the frame you can see four sketches, these are the horizontal layers I will need. The first three layers are ready now and can be seen in the picture above.

Default Re: Evolutionary

and the finished frame

I make sketches by hand. This is a sketch from the powerbutton I want to create for this case.

The light grey is brushed aluminium ( left overs from the Lian Li mod ) The orange/brown is wood. The powerbutton will light up and the two bumps to the right are the power leds. The same shapes and materials will come back in the other devices like the M-PLAY 2002, the Aquaero and the DVD recorder.

Coolermaster helped me out with a mobotray from a damaged case. Thanks Ron from Coolermaster

Here it is

some damage, but nothing serious that can't be fixed. It's a removable tray and I will remove some parts anyway. This tray saves me quite some time.

In the picture below you can see the slight damage, but I will remove this part.

This original mesh will be cut out.

It needs some cleaning up

I'm not finished filing the edges yet, but this is the tray with everything that's not needed removed.

With a small modification the tray fits perfectly in my home made aluminium frame.

dang!!!!
    those are some skills!!
    on your original one, im curious about how you did the front drive stealthing
    in the plexiglass.

PS is it going to be for sale?
    "We did not choose to become robots. There was an accident in our studio. We were working on our sampler, and at exactly 9:09 a.m. on September 9, 1999, it exploded. When we regained consciousness, we discovered that we had become robots."
    -Daft Punk

This looks like its going to be good, But all these sponsor logos are hurting my eyes haha. None the less great mod so far, PS. I'm also modding a PS one LCD to my case, let me know how it goes

WOO! loved ur work of alumaxx, and this looks even better

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Looks good, You do some nice work.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

Yea the blatent sponsorship is a bit annoying...doesnt hide the fact that your still amazing at what you do

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Eh, blatant sponsorship or not, I'm anticipating nothing less than amazing work, especially after seeing AlumaxX.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Wow good work. Sponsor ship man this is gonna put you and your mods on the map.
    Need a sig