Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greatest prank ever...at CES!!

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Greatest prank ever...at CES!!

It was pretty funny until they started messing with the presentations. Turning off a wall of LCD screens is okay in my opinion (maybe not so much at something like CES, but like Best Buy), messing with someones presentation that they undoubtedly worked hard on is not cool or funny one bit.

Egos isn't the only thing that could of been hurt here, btw. CES isn't some little get together of uber dorks, its a big time event. It's not even open to the general public. Also, being such as what it is as well as being closed to the public, they shouldn't have to think of something so ridiculous as someone going around turning off all the monitors and presentation screens with a click of a button from a little device that, as far as I know, you can't even get at your local gag shop.

That said, what a great little device! lol I would love to have one of these babies to screw around with my friends or local electronic stores that tick me off from time to time. Your rebate only works online?? Well take this! *click click* muahahaha
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Default Re: Greatest prank ever...at CES!!

Normally big time events are open to the public

And egos can be hurt because someone was too stupid to use black electrical tape or disable the IR sensors. According to someone from GizModo, the Motorola wasn't meant to happen. As for what happened with Motorola, they handled it well. Their sales won't be affected due to the fact the monitors aren't made by them. Yes, it sucks, but the phone will still sell anyway.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!