Thread: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Default Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

I just wanted to drop in and wish everyone a merry Christmas and happy New Year, or happy holidays in general if you don't celebrate Christmas.

I spent some time at my mother-in-law's place with my brothers in law. It was pretty relaxing. I saw the 3rd Hobbit movie and finally got to see Interstellar. I have tomorrow and the rest of the week off, so I'm just sitting at work now trying to be productive. I don't have a ton to do, and I'm getting a little burned out on the one project I do have work for.

Not that I like to show off all the things I got for Christmas, but it is nice to share some of the festivities with you guys every year, so I'll start a "post your loot" thread tonight or tomorrow.

Merry Christmas all!

Default Re: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays!

Spent Christmas with the In-laws. Always a great time because they treat me like a son/brother/uncle (better than my family). The SO and I always make different kinds of Jam for presents and add in some cool personal items. This year we made; strawberry, blueberry, cranberry and apricot. Since the oldest nephew is now in college, we made him a special care package with lots of goodies. I am always the one to get people toys (giving a tie or sweater is not my style), I got the guys in the family drones (OK, not real drones, but cheap knock off's) with video and picture capability. It went over well and I expect to see some photo's and videos soon. I'll share anything good. I was pretty surprised at how good the quality of video is on the one I got (always have to get my own present). My favorite was the new set of knives I got for the kitchen.

Having a small gathering at my house tomorrow night. Nothing fancy, just some close friends over. Probably have a few overnighters so they don't have to drive home. And because it is still pretty wet, some fireworks will be in order. Not sparklers either. Stuff they will see for miles...(most the stuff should clear the tree tops...)
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Default Re: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Here's my Christmas haul. Mostly left to right, but it doesn't really matter.

Mudguard for my bike's front wheel. I got a Plume Mudguard for the rear (not pictured).
    Three Blu-Ray movies: The Illusionist, Be Kind Rewind, and Cry Wolf.
    Power Up 2.0 - Electric Paper Airplane
    Portal 2 Soundtrack
    Max Keyboard mechanical key sampler
    Love Letter - a card game
    4 Pilot Parallel Pens in four nib sizes
    GoalZero USB Lantern
    12" Digital Calipers
    TF2 Portable Merc figure
    Forbidden Desert - a board game
    4x pairs of dress socks
    Business Card Holder
    4x Movie Tickets for any movie, any time
    Theodent Toothpaste
    $50 Steam Wallet Gift Card
    $30 of iTunes gift cards

Now, there are two big items that I skipped over before. The first is the NVIDIA Shield Tablet, with screen protector, cover, and wireless controller.

The other is an Atari cartridge, Centipede, recovered from the Alamagordo city dump. It was buried in 1983 in the legendary dump of Atari goods that was believed to be urban legend until a group of people finally got permission to dig up the dump in search of Atari evidence. This was one of the recovered cartridges. I would have loved to get an E.T. cartridge, but they all sold for crazy money, so I'm happy to have gotten this one.