Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batman case

I subscribed to this thread. BigJohnson's Avatar

Default Batman case

Right before a friend of mine went to Italy, he mentioned that he wanted a custom batman computer case. So I was going to design something while he was out of town and have a plan for when he returned. This way if he wanted me to do it I would have something ready to go and know what I need. Now, I dont have a sketchup yet, but being the idea thread I was hoping for some suggestions. I was going to do a standard atx case (lga 775) and do a yellow acrylic window with the batman symbol on the yellow oval. And I was going to do an ultra bright LED bat signal that can rotate and shine off of the top. Other than that I dont have any ideas. And I really dont have an idea on how to do the acrylic symbol. It should light up right? And maybe do a quote on one side, but the only quote I can come up with is "I see without seeing. To me, darkness is as clear as daylight."

Any ideas, suggestions, thoughts, concerns? Help me out. I have about 3 weeks to get this thing going. Thanks everyone.

Default Re: Batman case

I think it would be very cool. Doooooooo iiiiiitttttt!!

If you have the time/materials/ability, I would definitely go for bat-mobile, completly tossing out the standard case.

If you don't have that kind of desire, I like the bat symbol going out the back, expecting that you would have the case near a wall, so it projects up onto the wall.

Then do a roughly circular side window, complete with stalactites and gray paint. Hide as much of the actual components behind a bondo layer, while still allowing airflow. Paint the bondo rock grayish again. Voila, your very own batcave. Cables can be hidden in stalactites, etc. Mod the CPU fan to look like the front of the batmobile. Possibly use frosted clear acrylic on various parts for a "mr. freeze" look.
    Depending on what part of batman he likes, you could include various other things, such as question marks, posion ivy, banes mask, etc etc

As for the batman symbol project I would suggest looking into a Fresnel lens. Basically, it will turn normal light waves into parrallel light waves, so the edges of the projection won't blur. They are used in overhead projectors and DIY home theater projects. I think you could find a small one cheap on ebay.

Wow, nice feedback weazel. Apparently you have a lot of good ideas. I'll see what I can do with my skill set, and try and come up with a sketchup for it. Or maybe some pen and pencil sketches. But I'm not going to do it unless someone else pays for the supplies. Which is why this is in the idea section. But great ideas, im gonna rep you for that.

yeah, thats my problem, too many ideas, not enough $$$, not enough time. Eventually...

So I was thinking along with the batsignal on the top I would put a handle to carry this monster. I was thinking that making something to look like the batarang would make the perfect handle. So I googled it...I didnt realize that there were so many different designs. So I need help deciding which one to go with. Here we go:

Ideas are helpful. If you have a better one or any idea how to make one strong enough to be a handle, also helpful. Thanks.

yeah, no. 5 for the handle. but you can use no. 4 as a fan-guard or something, I think that would look nice...

Here is a great Batman mod, the guys there are teh pr0.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Here is a great Batman mod, the guys there are teh pr0.
    Nice home theater system!