Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Make windows XP look like leopard!

Default Re: Make windows XP look like leopard!

So who wants the Vista emulation tut?

Quote Originally Posted by Elenril View Post
    P.S. The easiest way to have NO icons on your desktop is Right click > Arrange Icons By > Uncheck 'Show Desktop Icons'
    w00t I think I love you.

I've been trying to get rid of the damn recycle bin without screwing with the registry (I've modded the crap out of XP before, and it's been nothing but problems, I must be getting old, I just want XP to run well without reinstalls every month ).

I've been using XP for years, and never actually thought of using that.... in fact, I hadn't even noticed it. Well, I knew it was there, but never paid it any mind.

What a n00b.

:edit:

Is that Vista emulation the Vista Transformation Pack?

If it is, it's what I'm running and I love it to bits. I tried Vista and loved the prettiness, but hated it because it was slower than XP. That gives me most of the prettiness, and isn't as resource intensive as I thought it would be.

Now what I want is a tut on how to get the icons I want... the Mac drive icons (they look like real HDDs, how cool is that?!?!) and the Microsoft Office icons that are made from the single letters colour coded from FlyAKite (which I also used, but found that it slowed my PC up too much).

Step by step tutorials FTMFW!
    Last edited by Drew; 02-10-2008 at 07:48 AM. Reason: I can't remember things too well, I think I have bum aids in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post

:edit:

Is that Vista emulation the Vista Transformation Pack?

If it is, it's what I'm running and I love it to bits. I tried Vista and loved the prettiness, but hated it because it was slower than XP. That gives me most of the prettiness, and isn't as resource intensive as I thought it would be.

Now what I want is a tut on how to get the icons I want... the Mac drive icons (they look like real HDDs, how cool is that?!?!) and the Microsoft Office icons that are made from the single letters colour coded from FlyAKite (which I also used, but found that it slowed my PC up too much).

Step by step tutorials FTMFW!

Nope its not vtp. That uses a crapload of recources and can really lagg you up if you have a slow computer. My way of doing this on the other hand only uses ~100 mb more sys memory, and the cpu is at a normal load % all the time (like 20 %, although it jumps alot) If you have a pc that can run vtp smoothly, god bless you. And in the tut, i would mention how to change the icons(but you would have to change the whole entire icon set)