Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Literally play your music

Default Re: Literally play your music

If you can find a private server you can continue to play after the beta ends. I don't know the legality on that so I'm not linking.

Oh and if a mod finds this questionable, just remove it.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I've found that music like Korn is really fun in this game, especially on hard/elite. TRY IT! /VitaminWater Commercials... lol

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

O-M-G!!!!!! I just lost about 3 solid hours to this game! Look what you've done to me!!!!! Wow, this game is awesomeness in its purest form.

IF YOU HAVENT DOWNLOADED IT YET, THEN DO IT NOW!!!

Its amazing how it makes this levels out of the music. Very cool.

My favorite songs (That I think you all should try):
    -Bohemian Polka (or any other Polka by) - Weird Al
    -Voodoo People - The Prodigy
    -Sandstorm - Darude

MASSIVE +rep

-Indybird

Try downloading this if it won't work for you anymore. Also, when it asks if you want to update, say no.

I can't get it to ignore the fact that it's the demo... any ideas?

(If this isn't something to discuss then let me know.)

Here's some pictures + Info I borrowed from Cey22 at Facepunch Studios.

First off, a picture:

The website took off it's two pictures of the game, but that's pretty much what it looks like.

So, what is it?
    It's a bit like guitar hero. You choose any song on your computer, or on a CD in your drive, and the game generates a path, with notes, hills, turns, and occasionally corkscrews(I've only found one song with one, but they are really cool). There will probably be other things like loops and such in the final version. You choose a character (or ship or whatever), as seen here:

In the beginning you can only choose from two or three, but you unlock the rest as soon as you play through one song. Ninja Mono is the most popular character played, and is more or less the only one I play as.

Let me describe them:

Mono: There are coloured notes (the colour doesn't matter, they are all the same) and gray notes. You have to get as many coloured notes as you can, and avoid the gray notes. There are three lanes, and two bumpers. Bumpers are like lanes, except they never have notes.

Pointman: Hold down left click before a note to pick it up. Then right click to put it down in a different lane that you moved into. This uses the standard colours (4 of them, I believe). The hotter colours are worth more than the cooler colours. When you get 3 colours touching each other, they all disappear and you get points. Has 3 lanes, two bumpers.

Double Vision: Uses the standard colour and points system. In this one there are four lanes and two bumpers. With the keyboard you control a ship that moves on the left two and the left bumper, with the mouse you move a ship that has the right two lanes and the right bumper. Uses the standard colour and points system.

Vegas: I occasionally play this one. Three lanes, two bumpers. Standard colours and points. It's Medium, so there are more notes than there are in the Easy ones. If you stay in a bumper for a few seconds, a bar will fill and all of the notes on the board will be shuffled around. So you can fill them all up, without making combos, then randomize it and get tons of points.

Eraser: Standard points and colours, three lanes, I think it has bumpers but I'm not totally sure. I believe you hold left click at notes coming at you to erase all notes of that colour from your board. Not totally sure though, only played it once.

Pointman Pro: The same as Pointman but on medium difficulty.

Pusher: Standard points colours, three lanes, two bumpers (I believe). Hold left click at an upcoming note to send it into the lane to your left, hold right to send it to the right.

Double Vision Pro: Just Double Vision on Medium.

Ninja Mono: The most popular character, though I'm sure they'll try to even it out in new patches. Like Mono, but with WAY more notes. Very hard to finish a song without hitting a gray. 3 lanes, no bumpers.

Pointman Elite: Just Pointman but on Hard. I imagine that it's pretty hard.

Pusher Elite: Pusher on Hard.

So ya. You choose a character and a song, then play through the level. When you run into a note, it goes onto the board. When three notes on the board line up, they disappear and you get points. There are 4 colours, except for on Mono and Mono Elite, where there are only two, and you avoid the grays.

Again, all that is from Cey22 at Facepunch studios and not me.

Just bought it and am downloading it right now... good game for when you don't want to play something like Crysis, lol.

saw this on steam... take it that its worth the 8.95?
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    saw this on steam... take it that its worth the 8.95?
    Yes. Very addictive. If you like the Guitar Hero line of games, this is right up your alley.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream