Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm at school

Default I'm at school

Wewt, first day of college. I've got an hour to kill until my next class. I'm in the cafeteria right now, and just connected to the school's network. It's been going good so far. My first class today was Intro to Engineering. At 4 I have Digital Photography. I ****ed up when driving here though. I ended up getting lost in Providence... Theres a part of the highway where it forks off to the right, and I didn't notice it and stayed on the left. So instead of going to West Warwick, I ended up somewhere in Providence >_>. My GPS got me out though ^_^

This engineering class, it's like, just perfect for me. It's everything I want to be and do. I think it's probably a class that would fit everyone here. Our first project will be to build a wind turbine. Seems interesting.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: I'm at school

Glad you're liking college, dude. I'm actually taking a semester off to work right now. I presume you're going to a real college, not community "college," right?

No, I'm going to the Community College of Rhode Island. I'm here for an engineering associates degree, and as a way to start me off to prepare me for a 4 year university. I plan on going here 2 years and then transferring. I eventually want to go to MIT for computer engineering.

I'm at work.

I'm gonna go get lunch now.. glad to hear that you are enjoying your first day!

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Oh, I also have some good news. They have a bunch of workshops and machine shops and stuff here too. So I could use their equipment for case building! Anyways, off to class now. 7 minutes until my photography class.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I had some tuna for lunch.

That was my plan from the start too... I think I just got crap teachers last semester, lol.

Glad you're enjoying college though.

I think I might actually drop my photography class. First off, all of the computers used for that class are Macs, which I just don't want to touch. I hated using it today. I also feel it's too slowed paced for me and below my level right now. I might as well just continue photography on my own.

Strip it, paint it, and love on it... Commando's Avatar

MIT for computer engineering
    The Georgia Tech of the north.

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaJe View Post
    I ****ed up when driving here though. I ended up getting lost in Providence... Theres a part of the highway where it forks off to the right, and I didn't notice it and stayed on the left. So instead of going to West Warwick, I ended up somewhere in Providence >_>.
    Done that before, but opposite. Wanted to go west to CT but ended up on the outside of Providence. Congrats on college though.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Oh, speaking of getting lost in Providence, I ****ed up more on the way home. I was lost in the suburbs of Providence for half an hour tonight. My GPS kept ****ing up. It kept saying "calculating route" and then going blank and then saying "calculating route" and then shutting off, and then doing the same thing again when turned back on. And then the way it eventually wanted me to go had the bridge closed, so I had to ask an officer for directions. At least I made it back home!