Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm at school

I subscribed to this thread. BigJohnson's Avatar

Default Re: I'm at school

Nice. Good luck in college man. Its not all fun. Mostly. But not all.
    Specs on the laptop?

Edit: One more thing. Sometimes even with these basic classes that seem so 'behind' you sometimes they can teach you one thing that changes everything. Maybe just change the way you see something or give you one skill that you didnt have before and it makes it worth it.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

I'm at school too

High school, finals week

nothing like finishing an hour early and killing time by killing people in some Deathmatch Classic. Gonna play Ut99 pretty soon here.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Quote Originally Posted by DaJe View Post
    I think I might actually drop my photography class. First off, all of the computers used for that class are Macs, which I just don't want to touch. I hated using it today. I also feel it's too slowed paced for me and below my level right now. I might as well just continue photography on my own.
    I took a few classes like that. I never had to study, just read the chapters assigned and got an A+. It was an easy couple of credits and gave me a chance to boost my GPA and catch up on the harder classes.

Quote Originally Posted by DaJe View Post
    Oh, speaking of getting lost in Providence, I ****ed up more on the way home. I was lost in the suburbs of Providence for half an hour tonight. My GPS kept ****ing up. It kept saying "calculating route" and then going blank and then saying "calculating route" and then shutting off, and then doing the same thing again when turned back on. And then the way it eventually wanted me to go had the bridge closed, so I had to ask an officer for directions. At least I made it back home!
    Since real men never ask directions, should real men admit to using a GPS? (hehe) (JK!)

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    ................ I would take the Pascal class, but who even uses Pascal anymore? ..............
    Edit: BTW, I don't know much about Pascal other than it's old, so please, feel free to correct me on any of that.
    Yes Pascal is old. I also took a Pascal class about 15 years ago, and the first thing the instructor said to us was; "Pascal is not used to program anything, it is only used to teach programming languages." I had to disagree with him, since the company I was working for at the time, used Pascal for it's flagship product; On Demand Courier software (all aspects of the business including tracking, payroll, billing, etc). I was hired to maintain a SCO Xenix system used ONLY for compiling Pascal code. I had to bring him proof before he would believe me. It does help if you have never had a programming class. Since you have had some programming, try to get into the C++ class instead (usually takes the instructors approval).
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Alright, so I'm home for the day. I did drop the photography class. But I'm not just going to leave that. I need a 4th class to be a full time student. So instead what I'm going to do is add a physics class. I just realized that I don't have any science class at all. But for what I want to do, I need this. I need like, 2 years of physics to help me get into MIT.