Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm at school

Default Re: I'm at school

Congrats on going to college! Thats great for you. Community college is a good starting point. Good luck getting in MIT although RIT is better . I had a class called Intro to Engineering but it was totally different. It was for people like me who went in to the school Engineering Undeclared so we learned about each of the different Engineering majors.

Quote Originally Posted by DaJe View Post
    First off, all of the computers used for that class are Macs, which I just don't want to touch.
    Would you seriously drop a class because of Macs. Weak dude, just weak. Don't not do something you want just because of something stupid like that. Why the hell are they so bad, yeah they are a little simpler to use at the basic level although I personally think they are more intuitive, plus if you use them enough you can discover some trick things to do with them, I use photoshop on both OSX and Windows, just not the same on Windows it flows much more smoothly on OSX.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

You think it's bad that just the class uses Mac's?

Pfft, my friends school MADE them BUY MACBOOKS for the class. If they didn't buy it they were facing being dropped out of the college. (It's an accelerated college)

But don't drop out of the class.

Even if there is only a one button mouse. :tinfoil:

I didn't know I can put a custom title Dilphat's Avatar

yea i was wondering about the whole u getting lost part DaJe, since i remember the xmas list and u saying if i remember right a nav. lol. but, it's good to know ur living the college life! dude, i dunno for anyone else but cup o noodles, and easy mac has kept me through in my college life so far! lol
    Do origami to calm yourself when something doesn't make sense or fit! haha, if all else fails get the paper you folded and burn it for no apparent reason.

I think he means he wants to drop the course because the photography aspect is too slow for him.. he's getting into some decently advanced stuff on his own, and the program might actually be behind him atm.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

It would be an easy "Art" credit though. Better then ceramics!!!!

Click here for the Battlefield 2 L.A.N. Pc worklog.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danthegeek View Post
    It would be an easy "Art" credit though. Better then ceramics!!!!
    Hey! Ceramics kicks ass! I've actually got a class tonight I think... I need to find out, lol. When I get my own place I plan on making all my own dishes, if possible. /threadjack

I'm currently a Sophomore in high school right now, but hopefully next year they'll let me take a class at our tech instead of at school. I don't know though, I've only seen Seniors do it... I'd really like to take a class on C++, C#, or PHP, and the only programming class left at our high school is Pascal...
    RIP Bucko

A suggestion, only because I did it myself, is to stick with your classes, even if they are behind you. Most any of the first classes any of us take will be "behind" us. But if you want to progress in that direction you have to take those beginning courses to get to the ones that you like and are more fun.

It sucks and is boring, but they do open up more options for you later. I wish I hadn't dropped classes that were too far behind me, as now I have to take them anyway to get to the classes I want.

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    A suggestion, only because I did it myself, is to stick with your classes, even if they are behind you. Most any of the first classes any of us take will be "behind" us. But if you want to progress in that direction you have to take those beginning courses to get to the ones that you like and are more fun.

It sucks and is boring, but they do open up more options for you later. I wish I hadn't dropped classes that were too far behind me, as now I have to take them anyway to get to the classes I want.
    So far I've taken classes on HTML and Visual Basic 2005 (VB 1 and VB 2, different semesters, different material). I would take the Pascal class, but who even uses Pascal anymore? The only upside to that class is the small ending unit on Java, but I don't care about that, I already know Java. The only redeeming part of the Pascal class is the similarities it has to Java and C (structure and syntax wise).

We'll see though. I may not even be able to, since I'll only be a Junior.

Edit: BTW, I don't know much about Pascal other than it's old, so please, feel free to correct me on any of that.
    Last edited by .Maleficus.; 01-23-2008 at 08:00 PM.
    RIP Bucko

I might not drop it. And if I did, it wouldn't be because of the Macs. In other news today, my laptop arrived for me earlier, just as I was about to leave. I set it up during English class today, and ended up doing a live video broadcast with like 50 people watching. I ended up walking around the school with it, and even went into the elevator and told everyone thery were on Internet. There's this club for engineering students; the Engineering Student Association. I figure since I am one, I might as well join it to help meet some new people. Oh, and the laptop pwns.