Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TBCS Art Contest I

Default Re: TBCS Art Contest

Would an acceptable entry be a fake advertisement of a product AND does the logo have to be incorporated somehow or can you just put it off somewhere to the side?

Sure, a fake ad is fine. And you don't need to add the logo at all if you don't want, this is an open art competition.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Oh and also, if I do make this ad, does it have to include a picture of the product?

EDIT: i sent in my entry

Two entries already, and still 2 weeks to go there could be a few of these in the end!

edit: I make that a 3rd now.
    Last edited by Scotty; 01-28-2008 at 02:38 PM.

is never gonna give you up Elenril's Avatar

I'll be entering when I eventually get round to it

Click for my dA page

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW
    Never leave a bright orange case outside. Magpies will attempt to gang rape it.

cooler than the other side of the pillow dfigravity's Avatar

alas, after looking at Elenril's dA page, I don't stand a snowballs chance in he11.
    There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

Quote Originally Posted by dfigravity View Post
    alas, after looking at Elenril's dA page, I don't stand a snowballs chance in he11.
    Don't think that way, you never know. Plus this challenge will be a series so keep entering and you may win sometime. At the very least you will continue to improve your skills.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Greco101

The hard part is figuring out wth to actually do haha.

cooler than the other side of the pillow dfigravity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    Don't think that way, you never know. Plus this challenge will be a series so keep entering and you may win sometime. At the very least you will continue to improve your skills.
    I'm curious...where did most of you guys and girls learn Photoshop? Self taught? Books? classes? What worked best for you? I have a copy and I've really been trying to get in to it for a few years now...but I don't learn very well just out of a book.
    There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

I taught myself. I found messing around and practicing a great way. You learn the way YOU use the tools not how someone else does, or what someone else prefers, but i did read tutorials, and lots of them for effects/tools etc. Pixel2life.com is the place to go along with DeviantArt. We have a few tutorials on the site here in the forums.