Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3870 X2 It owns!

How much faster can you render the bsod? Ap1thy's Avatar

Default Re: 3870 X2 It owns!

who knows about the 9800gx2.. after all that 7950gx2 wasnt that great of a hit and plagued with problems.

Itd be interesting to see a test with 1 3870X2 and 2 standard 3870's

Hmm. I was thinking about taking some of my bonus money and getting a 8800 Ultra, but maybe I'll wait and see how this plays out between the 9800 x2 and this ati card.

So [H]ard have their review up, something we can trust.

Compared to a 8800GTX in todays games, it's... SLOWER! In some games, others its faster, but not by much

Why AMD WHY!! You build a card that barely challenges Nvidias last generation of tech?! WTF do you expect to gain with that. No doubt ATi lovers will grab one, but thats bad...

Temp wise, its roughly the same with the stock cooler. Apparently its quiet, then again the GTX isnt loud. It uses more power, just, but it is 2 GPUs though.

HAHA oh man, not good for amd...

did it say anything about the second gpu core temp over the first? i was told/thinking since there in series the heat from the first will mess with the second.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Here is another review. Although I always worry about posting links to here as it feels like "the competition" lol. But here is another great review nonetheless.

Bit-tech 3870X2

The only game that it does better than the 8800Ultra for the most part is... you guessed it... Games with the UT3 engine

Edit: It seems as I didn't look through the whole thing that it does beat out Ultras in some games and then in others it gets owned. Guess I only looked at the ones that concerned me =). Still a nice card, though I am still a little weary about the whole two gpu's on one card thing and hardware/software support. Guess I am a little thrown back from the old 6600duals from xfx that although had two gpu's you couldn't sli another with it. But I guess things change. Ill have to take more time to look into it, just saw the review and posted.
    =(

Still a great looking card nonetheless. I'd take one if someone wants to give me one =0

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    Here is another review. Although I always worry about posting links to here as it feels like "the competition" lol. But here is another great review nonetheless.

Bit-tech 3870X2

The only game that it does better than the 8800Ultra for the most part is... you guessed it... Games with the UT3 engine

=(

Still a great looking card nonetheless. I'd take one if someone wants to give me one =0

Thats wierd, it seems on the other review, it cant keep up with a GTX, but in this one its is beating an ultra

Quote Originally Posted by noopypoop View Post
    Thats wierd, it seems on the other review, it cant keep up with a GTX, but in this one its is beating an ultra
    The control settings on these bench tests can't really be controlled with perfection, so there will always be some variability in results. I have always owned ATI cards for the same reason I have always drank Pepsi, I reached for one and it's worked fine. For me these tech "battles" over who's card gets slightly better speeds has never really meant much to me. I have never owned a system or software that has demanded the industry's ceiling of performance so for me to pay the extra $200 or whatever is pointless. I have noticed that ATI seems to be getting kicked around by NVIDIA for the last few generations but my cards still work good for me. After I go bankrupt and begin either a life of poverty or extravagance from profitable crime, maybe I'll start buying or stealing top shelf but for now it's an absolute waste of money.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Is awesome

Thank you jdbnsn.

I like Amd and ATi. they're currently getting whooped nvidia, and nvidia is currently raising a new generation of fans (noopy, I'm talkin to ya).

But even though they may be slightly better, is that an applicable reason to not use AtMiD?

I like the way their "spider" platform looks. I like the way their stuff performs and the potential of their company. They'll be playing the catch-up game for a while because the big merger took so much of their time (and I think they got complacent there for a while, on amd's side).

I'm stubborn in AMD and I like it.

If I get some cash somehow, I will be buying Amtdi. I don't think nvidia or intel need my money, and I just have never liked them.

Besides, do i really need to run crysis on ultra-high at 1280x1024? Am I willing to switch over to intel and nvidia for that?

No. I'm happy with Ati and amd. The margin for error is so close in these tests that it doesn't matter anyway, and I will be happy with the path that I am choosing.
    You love my sig.

I'm happy with what works well. To me, I consider both NVidia and ATi (I prefer NVidia though but I haven't had problems with ATi IGP cards for notebooks, I've only owned NVidia graphics cards for my desktop) but normally NVidia has something more for me... when I got my 8600GT, the 2600XTs didn't perform as well as the 8600GT. I'm a gamer, a small amount of FPS can mean being killed or not being killed.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!