Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With the air and the boom and the...

Default With the air and the boom and the...

...yeah.

Thinking about taking a few concepts to cooling a computer.

I have seen sanitizing done with two very close frequencies, which creates "pockets" of extreme heat and pressure.

The thermoacoustic module uses extremely low frequencies contained in a large metal housing to cool newer refridgerators without harmful refridgerants or anything of the sort.

Just thinking of a way to create a box that would be mountable to a heatsink with two small speakers. Experimentation ^^
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

I came, I saw, I conquered killergamer's Avatar

Default Re: With the air and the boom and the...

Sounds awesome... without the noob part... you could make billions on the idea so good luck
    [Kayin] 7:38 pm: Actually, during a hostile takeover, Satan's left nut and all his crabs beat Satan at the board meeting (he didn't know that his crabs held stock)
    and so we're owned by a conglomerate of pubic lice and the left testicle of the Prince of the Powers of the Air.

Is awesome

After reading the wikipedia article on thermoaucoustic modules, it seems that using fans would be more efficient in cooling computers.

BUT! if you can find a way to do it efficiently, and since I don't know hardly anything about this (so it's very possible I am wrong), I would say try it out.

It looks, to me, that It is transferring heat into sound. Usually, sound is not something wanted by anyone from their PC. Who knows, if the frequencies are low enough, then people couldn't hear it (but stray away from making a system that is so loud but unhearable that it causes ear damage).

Keep thinking. This could have some applications.

Look at these if you are reading this and too lazy to google it - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rijke_tube

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoacoustics
    You love my sig.

I was thinking of applying a high frequency instead of a low frequency, perhaps right around 20 KHz. This way there are more passing waves per second. I'll have to figure it from there x.x

Back to this topic again. I wanna get into some experimenting again...

Oh. Anyone know of a good frequency generator for Ubuntu or Xandros?

Ultrasonic watercooling?

Quote Originally Posted by Eclecticos View Post
    Ultrasonic watercooling?
    In a nutshell yes

I am dredging up this post from the sandy and slightly gravel bottom of TBCS, once again.

I am finally getting the hang of this thermoacoustic cooling idea. What is used in a refrigeration system is a stack of plates, and an end cap precisely placed to bounce the sound back towards the stack at a very slightly lower frequency (the whole distance thing; as sound gets farther away, the frequency gets lower and lower, as well as the amplitude) and passes through the stack. The alternating frequencies causes pressure differences to occur between the stack of metal plates that alternate from high to low very quickly. The result is the heat from the plates is transferred to the air, and is normally just blown out by a fan. I want to create a test module now

Blast from the Past

So, in a sense, this would be like a normal heatsink and fan, but it pulls more heat than a normal sink due to the changing pressure? Interesting concept...

I knew the game was up when he played the Jack of Spades...

Quote Originally Posted by jaxspades View Post
    So, in a sense, this would be like a normal heatsink and fan, but it pulls more heat than a normal sink due to the changing pressure? Interesting concept...
    It's not necessarily pulling air. It's changing pressure waves and "moving" the heat to a different location.