Thread: angled guides?

Default angled guides?

Does anyone know if there is a way to make guides at an angle rather than just horizontal and vertical? I don't think I can, but I thought I'd ask.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Default Re: angled guides?

I don't think you can either.

If i need it at a 45* angle you can grab the brush tool or line tool or polygon lasso hold 'ctrl' down and draw at 45*, make it a bright colour move it to the top layer and lock it.

or just rotate your image through 45* :p
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

I've been doing those techniques and they do work well, but I like the precision of having an image "snap" to the line so I know the dimensions are exact. Plus, it's easier than zooming in on every layer and adjusting the size to meet the shape being used as a guide. Can you make two images "snap" together like the guides do?
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Which program are you asking about? A lot of graphics programs have the ability to rotate guides. I just need to know which one it is so i can tell you.

photoshop 8.0 cs

Unfortunately Photoshop is the only program in the adobe suite where you cannot rotate your guides. Why they left that out i have no idea.

lol, i just use the pencil tool to make a 1px line whats good as the guides.. as scotty said before hold ctrl and click, the tool will snap to 90 - 45 degree in what ever direction you want...
    Basic Math:
    1 + 1 = 2
    1 * 1 = 1

yeah, that's what I've been doing but it's not quite as nice as guides. It's no big deal, I was just curious.

Im with you on this one. Mock guides just aren't as nice as the normal guides. Ill look around and see if anyone has made a plugin for it.