Thread: Which Laptop has the best built in webcam?

Default Which Laptop has the best built in webcam?

Please tell me which portable computer has the best built in camera, and please tell me which portable computer with a built in camera is the most cost effective.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Which Laptop has the best built in webcam?

Phew, thats a bit of work, but I'll have a go at it. I may or may not be completely accurate, but only because there are SO many laptops currently in market. I believe Newegg.com alone has over two hundred laptops with webcams built into them. But I'll do my best.

Right off the back, I already know which laptop is the best bang for the buck with a webcam built in. Although I'm not certain what kind of webcam it may be, it is most likely something that isn't the best of the best, but is something that is acceptable. But for the price of this laptop, or even more so with its lesser brothers and sisters, you could easily buy a nice laptop webcam that suits your needs if this fails to meet them.

Asus Eee PC's - Model's with Webcam

*Edited*

Okay, well I was going to give you a list of more powerful computers with built in webcams. But there are SO many of them and almost none of them list what kind of webcams they use. So I'll just give you advice instead.

Don't pay attention to whether a laptop has or does not have a webcam built in. Look for a laptop that meets your needs at the lowest possible price, then see if it has a webcam or not. If it does, great. If it doesn't, then spend a little extra on a nice laptop webcam.

But if you really want one with a built in webcam, then you'll just have to look around yourself. There are just too many laptops with built in webcams. But if thats what you want to do, I'll just link you to all the laptops with built in webcams. Link.

Good luck! If you find a couple laptops that you like but are not sure on which one to get, then go ahead and post a link to them here and we'll help you decide on which one is right for you.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

That may be a lot to take in, but I am sure I will figure it out just fine.

Look at the megapixels for the webcam same as you would for a normal camera, the higher the number the better quality it is.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

Gaming Console Modder Mitternacht's Avatar

My HP DV9000 series labtop has a 1.3 megapixel, and I don't even have to downsize the picture to make it clearer; it just shoots that clear and I'm very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky
    I never like get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

All I can say is built in webcams for laptops aren't that great, I have an external webcam for mine. It's a microsoft lifecam VX-7000, very good and great picture. Claims it has a 2MP sensor but can do 7.6MP photos (interpolated).... don't know how that works but I do know that works great with MSN.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    My HP DV9000 series labtop has a 1.3 megapixel, and I don't even have to downsize the picture to make it clearer; it just shoots that clear and I'm very happy with it.
    Sounds like that is the one to get.

I subscribed to this thread. BigJohnson's Avatar

I also have an HP. The webcam in that is actually really clear. Although I dont really use it, but I toyed with it. Good luck.