Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buy/Sell/Trade Forum?

ATX Mental Case

Default Buy/Sell/Trade Forum?

I think it would be really cool if we had a B/S/T section.

I know some of you guys have some cool older hardware you're not using!
    E2180 (2.0ghz) | 2GB DDR2 800 Tracers | 8600GT 256mb | XFX 610i nForce mobo | Lanbox Lite
    Intel Atom 230 - 1.6ghz | 2GB DDR2-667 | 945GCLF Mini-ITX | Apex MI-100 case

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: Buy/Sell/Trade Forum?

We used to have one but the word is there were a lot of problems with it... but if you post something on eBay you can link it.

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

I haven't been here long but I have seen a couple thread like this. Most of them say there was one but to many dishonest people and they took it down.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

We used to have one. It became a place to scam a bit too easily. If you'd like to sell something, ebay it and link here, which IS allowed.

Shame, really. But the staff didn't want to have to sort out conflicts between buyer/seller so it was removed.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

yeah, we had some issues with people buying stuff, sending money, then not receiving the goods, they complained to the Staff, we didn't want to get caught up in the middle of anyone scamming others, so we don't have that section anymore, although we do allow ebay posts, so if you have something you would like to sell, just toss it up on ebay, and then you can post the link here, it saves us alot of trouble and people can still sell their goods.

Please ignore this post was 1 sentence. Thank you.

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Naw, we definitely don't have the FS/FT forum anymore, and probably for a good reason. However, I do think it should be ok to have links to Craigslist. Though it doesn't really have any methods of scam-protection, any complaints couldn't be directed towards the admins here.

More also, I like the way Techpowerup handles their for sale/for trade forum.

-Indybird

ATX Mental Case

Ahh, understandable.

I guess it does get hard to manage once a site gets so big. AtariAge is another place that has a great B/S/T section, even though that's for videogames.
    E2180 (2.0ghz) | 2GB DDR2 800 Tracers | 8600GT 256mb | XFX 610i nForce mobo | Lanbox Lite
    Intel Atom 230 - 1.6ghz | 2GB DDR2-667 | 945GCLF Mini-ITX | Apex MI-100 case

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

I will admit, however, when we had a FS/FT forum it was pretty cool, 'cause if somebody got scammed they'd end up with a LOT of angry TBCSers with their IP addy (and shortly after, all kinds of other info).

It's better without it, though.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Quote Originally Posted by Indybird View Post
    Naw, we definitely don't have the FS/FT forum anymore, and probably for a good reason. However, I do think it should be ok to have links to Craigslist. Though it doesn't really have any methods of scam-protection...

-Indybird
    Exactly why we prefer ebay only. Craigslist would be at your own risk. I was here for the scam that ultimately took the trading post down. Let's just say that it was not pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    I will admit, however, when we had a FS/FT forum it was pretty cool, 'cause if somebody got scammed they'd end up with a LOT of angry TBCSers with their IP addy (and shortly after, all kinds of other info).

It's better without it, though.
    That's no lie, it was downright creepy how much personal info was so quickly obtained and posted. And yes, like SgtM was saying even though Craigslist can be cool and you can find some good deals there, it's absolutely rife with spam and cheaters due to it's lack of control. The reason ebay is allowed is because they have a very well developed system of dispute control and everything is handled elsewhere. Down the road I would like to set something up where some selling and trading can be done again but it won't be for a long time.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri