Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mjolnir is born....

Vampires are also allergic to bulldozers BerticusPryme's Avatar

Default Mjolnir is born....

Well here is the current status of my new rig. This could not have happened if it were not for my wife loving me so much to let me do it. So first of the name of the case is old norse and the actual name for the hammer carried by Thor. Translated over it means "mealer" for the amount of damage done in battle. It seemed suiting as also it means a lot to me as it carries on a little family heritage. I am putting this under work in progress as there are some pieces left to polish and some pieces left to make. This is the progress thus far. So far I have made the cable cover to hide all the wires, successfully hidden the wires, and got the parts painted a very odd shade(thanks to my friend Rusty who works in a auto body shop) There will be more left to do on this case but I wanted to start sharing with you now....
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]
    See even my youngest Lilli love daddies new computer.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Re: Mjolnir is born....

What are you going to do that fits the Mjolnir theme?
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Well the start is the color scheme. next I am adding some runes to a few spots and then I am still deciding what etching I want to try and do for the other side on a window. Is till have quite a bit to go but I wanted to go ahead and get it up becasue some guys were getting antsy about pictures.

*raises hand*

Guilty.

Looking good, congrats on the killer score, I'm coming for you now.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

XP = 14.7k, no overclock. Here I come!

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Looks good can't wait to see more.

(First Pic) Transformers Mr Potateo head FTW!

yeah i got two of them one is for my desk at work and the other is for my youngest I am holding in the last picture. She is going to grow up to be daddies little modder. When i was building the comp in the floor she was sitting beside me with a plastic hammer and screwdriver. she wanted to help so bad so I gave here an old laptop i had that is far beyond broken and she was content beating it with the hammer and typeing on it

Well now it all makes sense...... the Halo armor is called MJOLNIR armor. They must of made the refrence of the Master Chief being strong to Mjolnir meaning the strong hammer of Thor /geekrefrence

Give the man a prize!!! [hands clapping] I joke though, but you are exactly right about that being what it is named after.

Quote from http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Mjolnir:
    "It was designed by Dr. Catherine Halsey a civilian scientist in the employment of the UNSC Office of Naval Intelligence section three. The armor has undergone several incarnations during the many years of its development. The armor line is named for the mythical weapon Mjölnir, the hammer of the Æsir, weapon of Thor, the Norse god of lightning, thunder, wind, and rain. The origin for the word "Mjölnir" is unknown, though etymological speculation has provided theories for its literal translation. The Icelandic verbs mölva (to crush) and mala (to grind) have been suggested as possible translations. Another theory suggests that Mjolnir might be related to the Russian word молния (molniya) and the Welsh word mellt (both words being translated as "lightning"). This second theory parallels with the idea that Thor, being a god of thunder, therefore might have used lightning as his weapon.

Dr. Halsey's decision to name what most would consider a defensive item after an offensive weapon tells much about her design philosophy for the project."

So there you go noopypoop. Just a little Halo trivia for you
    Oh and sorry for the thread jack, Berticus
    Nice mod by the way. Hope it turns out awesome.

[Insert Clever Saying Here]