Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CS3-Is it worth it?

Default CS3-Is it worth it?

I currently use PS7 and of course CS3 has alot of useful features, and i can get a great deal on it. Is it worth the money?

is never gonna give you up Elenril's Avatar

Default Re: CS3-Is it worth it?

Are you just talking about Photoshop or the whole suite? I personally think that the cost isn't worth it unless you're a professional, but depends what deal you can get.

Click for my dA page

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW
    Never leave a bright orange case outside. Magpies will attempt to gang rape it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenril View Post
    it depends what deal you can get.

OMG!!! Go for it!!!

oly moly mate!

Grab grab grab!

unless your a yar har fiddly dee

Yea, just wanted to make sure.My only problem is that if i bought it, it would be when i get my pc hardware, which would just add $300 to the price tag =(

FYI- If you want deals like this, go to www.journeyed.com

Its a student discount store(which is why its so cheap) If your in high school or college, check out if your school is supported under the program.

It's a very solid deal, no doubt about it. My opinion:

You have PS7. Changes between 7 and CS3? Not too major. Buy something you don't already have, but want to learn. If nothing else interests you, by all means get CS3.

And when you buy, post the experience here. Those are some nice prices, so I might think about buying the Vista Upgrade if you don't have any trouble.
    RIP Bucko

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    It's a very solid deal, no doubt about it. My opinion:

You have PS7. Changes between 7 and CS3? Not too major. Buy something you don't already have, but want to learn. If nothing else interests you, by all means get CS3.

And when you buy, post the experience here. Those are some nice prices, so I might think about buying the Vista Upgrade if you don't have any trouble.

Yea, that Vista Ultimate upgrade seems purdy nice, but its only 32 bit

EDIT: I actually found a site thats cheaper, that has stuff thats open for people not in school!

www.campustech.com

I installed a trial of CS3 and found that it was slower from the new features, I found little use for any of the new features, and was not worth the trouble of changing. I use CS and love it, so if you have the chance it might be worth downloading a 30 day trial before committing that kind of cash towards it.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

I like the old photoshop cs.. i dont like the way after that version they decided to get rid of the ctrl + click layer to marque the hole layer.. when in school i demanded for the old copy to be reinstalled yeah i know that there is a fiddely way to do the same thing but have i guess im just stuck in my way like that.. cs is the best in my mind
    Basic Math:
    1 + 1 = 2
    1 * 1 = 1