Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CS3-Is it worth it?

Default Re: CS3-Is it worth it?

I started using Photoshop with CS, shortly after CS2 was released and i grabbed it. Then i got CS3 at BETA stage and i haven't looked back since. Albeit most of the work flow is pretty similar between CS2 and CS3 i find it much easier to work with the layout is much neater and user friendly allowing you to order pallets etc. Extended ofcorse also has a few extras over CS3 but unless you need them theres no need.

I currently work with CS3 Extended (Win) at home and CS3 (Mac) and CS (Win) at college. I would easily take CS3 or CS2 over CS, it has a few extra little shortcuts i know off by heart that don't exist in CS and much faster ways of doing things, like being to select multiple layers at once.

I also briefly used PS 7... Lets not go there

i started using ps from version 5 for windows, i have upgraded most times a new one came out, went from 5-->7-->cs-->CS2--CS3-->CS2 and im sticking on cs2, i think its the nicer one of them all.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

cs 3 seems more demanding on the computer to do the same job then the other cs family. I dont find a differance to them. What i can do in cs3 i can do in cs and it seems smoother
    Basic Math:
    1 + 1 = 2
    1 * 1 = 1

is never gonna give you up Elenril's Avatar

I started with 6, then CS. I tried CS3 when the BETA was released but I found it too cumbersome and ran pretty slow. But that was only after using it for 3 days and my computer has since improved, so my opinion of it might change if I used it now.

Click for my dA page

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW
    Never leave a bright orange case outside. Magpies will attempt to gang rape it.

the main reason i switched back to cs2 was cs3 was too power hungry had no features that wern't in cs2 that i used.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Just so you know noopy, there is nothing you can do with CS3 that you cant do with PS7. It might be a little more involved and take more time but all the effects can be done in ps7. To drop $300 on software when your not a pro or at least not very familliar with the advanced features is a bit rediculas dont you think?

I use PS7 and look at my wallpapers, no im not one of the best but i know how to really use the program and once in a while i make some good sheit. I wouldnt buy CS3 for $300 when i allready own PS7. Waste of money imo.

The only problem is i lost the PS7 cd's

But i do have it loaded on my moms pc though

Quote Originally Posted by J-Roc View Post
    Just so you know noopy, there is nothing you can do with CS3 that you cant do with PS7.
    Tell that to CS3's 3D handling capabilities.

Price, schmice, i'd rather have the latest stuff, but because i do honestly and personally find it much nicer to use. And i couldn't go back to PS7 for everyday use because it lacks quite a bit.

is never gonna give you up Elenril's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Tell that to CS3's 3D handling capabilities.
    And how many people who are still learning to use Photoshop, like noopy, do you think are likely to use this feature?

Click for my dA page

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW
    Never leave a bright orange case outside. Magpies will attempt to gang rape it.

If your going to be using CS3 for textures and whatnot for 3D model's then you would allready be acquainted with all of the advanced features of photoshop aswell as the 3D modeling program your using and would be buying it for that specific reason. Not just to punch out web graphics and wallpapers.

There are also dozens of plugin's for PS7 that let you open and edit files from all the major 3d modeling programs.

[edit]
    Allright, this all had we wondering about CS3 and if i should upgrade. While looking over the product details over at adobe.com. It appears that the 3d stuff is part of the extended suite and retails for $1,000US. Allthough an upgrade can be had for $350. I'm going to get the trial and see how i like it.

Noopy, get whatever version is cheapest and most readily available. You cant go wrong with any version. Just dont waste money on features you'll never use. Theres no sence buying a maclaren if you only drive to the corner store