Thread: Ocz 64gb Ssd

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Ocz 64gb Ssd

That is one sexy looking SSD! You can find it HERE on Newegg, for a little more than a grand. Thats about seventeen dollars per gigabyte I believe. Pretty much out of the price range for anyone here. But man, how cool is that thing looking??

I wonder why we never did anything like that with HDD's? Is there a reason or is it that we just never thought about doing it? Sexy, sleek, brushed aluminum drives? They would of sold like hot cakes!
    Last edited by Zephik; 02-14-2008 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Didn't need all that gibberish. There, much better. ^_^
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Default Re: Ocz 64gb Ssd

Oh yea, I forgot to mention. By my calculations, it has a 228 Year Life Expectancy. At least, I think thats right...
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

That is quite the sexy drive. Regarding price: It's about the same as buying 64 1GB flash drives . Pay your money, take your choice I suppose.

Wouldn't that be something though; an internal USB hub with 64 flash drives hooked up... That would make my day .
    RIP Bucko

Is it possible to RAID 0 all those flash drives though?
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    Is it possible to RAID 0 all those flash drives though?
    Possibly. Here is an article where they place nine SSD's into Raid 0. Now, I don't know if you have to have a special SSD to do that, but if they are anything like HDD's, then I guess all that matters is if your motherboard/card supports Raid 0?

Hmm, Raid only works with SATA drives right? The one being discussed at hand is SATA, but companies also offer SSD in IDE form. I wonder if you could use Raid with those drives or if the same rules apply?

Then again, maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about. I just only stumbled upon a "all about raid" site, which I think I found on here somewhere.

or... err... you were talking about the thumb drives .Maleficus. was talking about weren't you? Ha, uhm, I knew that. lol

or was .Maleficus. actually talking about an actual drive like an SSD? Now I'm just confused. Man, I really need to stop staying up past my bedtime. ><
    Last edited by Zephik; 02-15-2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: dur.

Sexy! Would look soo hot in my case too.

lol I should buy it to be the first to put a review on it