Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Project?

Default Next Project?

Hi Guys,

Not been on in a while what with one thing and another, but thought I would share some early plans for my next project. Get some opinions, ideas and the like.

I brought a Lian-Li PC V300 in silver a few days back and have been playing around with some ideas on sketchup. There was no way I was going to draw in all the tiny holes in the front panel so bear in mind they are not shown on the sketch-ups.

The plan is to create a fully watercooled "average specs" PC to use mainly for downloading and web browsing. So reliability and noise are going to be very important. Of course it will need to look the part too!!

Orange acrylic will feature heavily, along with ice white lighting and plenty of brushed aluminium. Here are a few sketch-ups, all to scale. Surprising really how much you can cram into this case given its size. I am going to use a slim laptop optical drive though so this has helped a lot.

Be good to get your opinions / thoughts and as the ideas progress I will keep adding pics.

Xperiment

My Worklogs: Reality Bytes / Flux

Default Re: Next Project?

Anyone .....

I must have missed this, I think it looks fantastic, by all means build it! If you are just using it for basic operations I think watercooling might be a waste of money, you can get very quiet fans for much less and WC is overkill unless the comp is going to be under heavy load. Anyway, I'm not sure if you were talking about ice, or lightning, but either way you could make some killer fan grills to match your case's theme like this...

"At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

cooler than the other side of the pillow dfigravity's Avatar

at is that little portal looking thing on the side? It looks neat
    I really like this design though...the first thing that came to mind when I saw it was slick. Orange plexi and brushed aluminium is sexy.
    There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

Quote Originally Posted by dfigravity View Post
    at is that little portal looking thing on the side? It looks neat .
    I believe that is his reservoir. It looks very similar in design to the small Thermaltake M1's reservoir/liquid level.

Very nice design as well. Love the orange!

Just let me know when you are ready for this to move to works in progress, I want to see this built!
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

@ jdbnsn - I do agree the watercooling would be a tad overkill, but when I was looking for decent heatsinks for the cpu,nb,gpu I found that there just wasnt the clearence above the motherboard to fit a good cooler.

The specs I am looking at will be, core2duo(not sure which), 8800GT,2gb ram, 2xraptors, a high end motherboard(to make upgrading possible) So to keep that cool with air would end up being too noisy. Plus watercooling just looks so dam nice lol.

I do like the idea of custom grills, I did buy a scroll saw last week so what better way to test it out.

As for the work log, all I have done so far is strip the case. If its ok I will keep this thread for the ideas/planning and then open a worklog once I get moving on it.

@ dfigravity - Its a Aquacomputer Aquatube Res just mounted with a 5"1/4 bay bracket

I was torn between going with red or orange acrylic, so I sent off for some samples and decided on the orange, mainly becasue its not a colour that gets used often.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Oh damn I was gonna make a cube mod . Every idea I get you are one step ahead of me lol.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Quote Originally Posted by Xperiment View Post

The plan is to create a fully watercooled "average specs" PC to use mainly for downloading and web browsing.
    Wow. Core 2, 8800gt, all for an "average specs" PC. All I can say is DAMN! Can't wait to see this built. Should be sweet!

I say average specs as I think it will be about 6-8 months before I start buying the hardware and we all know how far things will have moved spec's wise in that lenght of time.